The Horror Movie thread

Yah, all time favourite, except part 2 not really for me.

Part 1 is still the classic, B grade Horror at its best!!
Check out Bad taste if you can.

Sick and tired of those boring Japan/Korean horror that does not know if it wants to be horror or trying to be too clever ending up like a crime/thriller film...

We need more gore and blood!!! Bring back the Gore in Horror.

is part "army of darkness" part 2? i only watched that one. ha.
great movie, man. love the ending.

i remember watching evil dead 1 ( the only good one) ... scary siah....especially the part where she read out loud the poker number...wah super scary..the best horror all time..

I watched Evil Dead III(or more commonly known as Army Of Darkness) during my secondary school days, damn funny.

So i got my hands on Evil Dead 1 and 2 recently. I prefer Evil dead 2 because it is more closely related to AOD, with alot of humor and lame looking effects. Evil dead 1 was too horror related, but i loved the violence, super hilarious. I didn't think Ash was also very cool in the first one.

AOD's not the best!? n it's so awesome! ha. look like ive to get my hands on I and II.

there was this scene in AOD. the undead dude rose from the grave and bawled, "I LIVE AGAIN!!".

it just cracked me up. the cheese! :lol:

Evil dead series?!!!!

omg i've been looking hi and low for these movies

any kind soul can lend me the VCDs? :lol:

i'll treat you to lunch or you can play my guitars and stuff :lol:

I just downloaded 1 and 2. 3 is really easy to find online too, 1 and 2 comes more rarely. But AOD is still the best of the best, the scenes are just too funny.

SWORD FIGHT!!!
*Kicks Swordbearer onto floor to unsheath sword*

or

"Little goody 2 shoes!
little goody 2 shoes!! little goody 2 shoes!!
*punches Good Ash*
LITTLE GOODY 2 SHOES!!!"

*Ash places shotgun infront of Evil Ash's face and pulls trigger*

"I ain't that good.."

They showed AOD recently, during National day holidays at 12 midnight on Channel 5 ... But i watch halfway only cause i had school next day lol.

detroit_red said:
They showed AOD recently, during National day holidays at 12 midnight on Channel 5 ... But i watch halfway only cause i had school next day lol.

They did? daaamn...ah well, I've stopped bothering about movies on Channel 5 anyway...hate the adverts.

Haha, I thought AOD was funny shit man.....

But if you want voilence and gore 1 and 2 are the best shit. I never got to see the tree rape.....censor...

i saw AOD on axn i think. was channel surfing when that zombie scene popped up. haha. totally captivated me.

the monsters look so much better than all the 3d bullsheet nowadays. :lol:

you guys know the its the same director who directed Spiderman I and II, Sam Raimi?

if you notice, bruce campbell made cameo appearances on both movies :)

Horrow movie - my favourite topic!

Yeah, the evil dead trilogy is pretty good. I have all 3 on DVD. If you want really good horror / splatter-gore, watch Peter Jackson's older movies. Bad Taste is a good one, but his best is Dead Alive. Many quote that as the bloodiest movie ever made - and it's gory and funny as hell. I haven;t seen Meet The Feebles yet, though.

For something more violent and gory, try Lucio Fulci's earlier works. The Beyond is awesome, in terms of the atmosphere and gore. One of the best movies rated by horror movie fans worldwide. Dario Argento is another one. I personally think Suspiria is one of the best horror movie ever, in terms of the atmosphere, The soundtrack by Goblin is amazingly haunting.

Man, I can go on and on...

guitarnub said:
you guys know the its the same director who directed Spiderman I and II, Sam Raimi?

if you notice, bruce campbell made cameo appearances on both movies :)

yup, yup, I read somewhere he's set to appear in Spidey III too...

How about Black Sunday( Mask of Satan)?
Good old italian horror.

Cannibal Holocaust !!...
before that boring blair witch...

and Hk -Untold Story.. staring :anthony wong...love the scene when
he butchered the children/the family!!

Back