The Euro 2008 Football Championship Thread

guitarsan

As Euro 2008 commence in 7 June, let's start the thread by telling us which country/countries you support in this coming tournament. Since our staple diet is English football and England is not participating, there must be at least one or two countries you support or predict will win. ;) The teams are:

Group A
Switzerland
Czech Republic
Portugal
Turkey

Group B
Austria
Croatia
Germany
Poland

Group C
Netherlands
Italy
Romania
France

Group D
Greece
Sweden
Spain
Russia

For me, I will support Spain. Mainly because there are four Liverpool players in the squad (it's always about English footy. Haha!). No doubt they are underachievers in international competitions, but I still think they got a good shot to win this time round.

For dark horse team, I think it will be Russia. The way they played and beat England in the qualifying round was a joy to watch. They worked very hard, gelled as a team and played with a desire to win. Plus they got Gus Hiddink!

it will be ITALY winning the cup:)...

italy_flag.gif

hmm. netherlands for me. although they're in a tough group i think they still can qualify.

jus hoping that if they qualify, they dont find themselves in a PK shootout. hopeless. haha

Italy!!! Not too confident with Donadoni but at least he took a brave decision and brought in Cassano...I'm happy to see him donning the Italian jersey again. Temperamental but extremely gifted.

Tough call, I'm going for Italy though. Del Piero!

The Oranje would do good to overturn their dismal records in the major footballing tournaments.

I would like to see either Switzerland or Sweden to go past the group stage, I think they've got bags and bags of potential.

I am rooting for Spain, but they have the bad habit of performing badly in big competitions. Hope this time they make it through.

Torres + Villa.

I would say Netherlands would be an exciting team to watch.

Also greece might win it again! :rolleyes:

Back