The Biggest City Music Sale Ever!

CITY_MUSIC

Hey everyone!

It's that time of the year again for great bargains and huge savings! The year of 2008 marks our 40th anniversary, and this year-end-sale promises to be the Biggest Sale ever in our 40 year history!

So wait not longer, the sale has already begun!

Last edited:
Hi there,

So sorry for the mistake, and thank you so much for informing us. The link is working now. Cheers!

You earlier promised in another thread that the 88-key M50 would be selling for around S$1,800.

Now your special 'Sale' price is over S$1,920 :(:(

So, who's taking who for a ride here? :rolleyes:

Hi SecondBest,

Like you, we are just as unwilling to see a change in prices (espescially an increase in price) in our products, however it has to be done due to a variety of reasons.

Firstly, the special price of S$1,860 was a promo price for the world wide launch of the M50. The usual retail price of the M50-88 is much higher.

Secondly, due to the recent unstable currency exchange rates, the US dollar and the Japanese Yen has risen so strongly against us, resulting in the equivalent increase in the price of the M50-88. Because we are bringing in the current sets of M50 now at the current exchange rates, the prices have to be adjusted accordingly.

But don't forget, the price of S$1,920 for the M50-88 during our year-end-sale (as compared to the MSRP S$2,740) includes a free bundled sustain pedal as well. Cheers!

hey second post,

they did have the promo before but it has since ended now its a different promo and even with the apprecation of the yen they managed to keep it very reasonable. If Yamaha advertised an item for a sale price in September, would you insist they maintain that same price for the November sale??

if you look at the prices you will notice that most of the items are sold at a great deal indicating their sincerity in holding such a sale. the PA series prices for eg has come down also with the depreciation of the EURO so all in all I think they have been consistent.

You needn't have suggested that anyone is being taken for a ride by anybody.

To be fair to City Music, $1920 is still a very good price for the M50-88.
If you can purchase get a brand new M50-88 and ship it here (including the 7% GST) for less than $1920, please do the keyboard community a favour and let us know how/where you did it.

[=CITY_MUSIC

Thank you for the clarification.
I didn't mean that you are levering up the price.
I was just struck by the contrasting price claims :???:

All the best to you for your year-end sale :)

hey second post,
Hey Jazz dish,

If Yamaha advertised an item for a sale price in September, would you insist they maintain that same price for the November sale??
No, I wouldn't insist they maintain the price.
In fact, I would insist that they reduce it :-D

After all, isn't that what a Sale at a later date is meant to be? :rolleyes:

Prices usually come down when a product has been around for a while ;)

You needn't have suggested that anyone is being taken for a ride by anybody.
Based on the posts I read, I had every reason to assume the worst.
However, City Music's clarification now shows my assumption was wrong.

Hi there SecondBest,

Please do not feel at all uncomfortable for what you posted. In fact we are glad that you brought this matter up. This gives us a chance to clarify things as well. Thanks!To you, and everyone, and have a great Christmas!

Hi you dun mind if I have another query here, I understand Zoom H2 is being sold at 244 couple of weeks back when I went to City Music but was told stock will arrive in 1-2 weeks later.

When I saw the "biggest-city-music-sale-ever", I was hoping at least the price will drop a little or about there. But seems like there is an increase? Perhaps you could enlighten me on this? Thank you!

Hey secondbest,

If you always think that prices must go down given time under any circumstances I'm afraid you might be in for a rude shock. The M50 for eg, was offered at a very special promo being just introduced. This is obviously to reward early adopters of the product. Future sales periods can never guarantee that prices will come down esp. for such a new product. if its a Korg X50 maybe I can understand. In fact if you observe their year end sales prices 2007 vs 2008 majority of prices did come down for the older products.

Now they are offering a good deal inspite of the expensive yen, my opinion is that they are being very fair. The M3 was also being offered at a great deal during that 3rd quater promo.

Bottom line , sometimes prices set are determined by a variety of factors. If you think good companies like Citymusic are taking you for a ride, then I suspect you are by nature a very suspicious person or just not the most tactful.

And come on guys, don't be naive, just cos they say it's the 'biggest' sale of the year does not necessarily mean it's warehouse lelong. It at least means that there are very good deals being offered storewide . Truth be told, If you don't get stuff now you're missing out man.If the H2 was on a good promo then, why not reserve it? you could have saved a few bucks. the large increase in yen has only resulted in a few dollars increase for the H2. Try buying in Japan now, you'd be wondering why so expensive. So, Are you gonna get it or procrastinate again?

Hey guys,

I think that the matter has been closed. I believe that SecondBest is understanding enough to be fully aware of the situation.

As for your question, drumsolo86, you were enquiring about the H2 a couple of weeks back? That should not be the case as the pricing for the H2 has been adjusted for more than a month ago. Could you please let us know on which date did you come down and which is the salesperson who quoted you the price of S$244?

There may be some of you who remembered, that most of our prices actually took a significant drop earlier this year, as we reviewed that the current exchange rate at that time allowed us to do so. We sincerely felt that the drop in price would benefit both us and our customers. However, likewise now, when the exchange rate for both US and Yen is unfavourable to our Sing Dollar, we have no choice but to revert the price of the H2 back to the price level it was previously. Hopefully this answers your question, and do let us know more of the details above, drumsolo86. Cheers!

it's difficult being the dealer/ seller in times of inflation; price adjustments (upward adjustments usually) would be seen as a profiteering move when it's really a reflection of market circumstances but it's good to know there are dealers who would address this readily.

kilroy-smiley-6256.gif

Yup, agreed. anyway , Iv said my peace. happy shopping everyone! Grab yr gear soon The sale is usually once a year and if you compare with US/JP online prices you know its very very reasonable!!... I know Im eyeing the PC3, PA2x, tonelab LE, maybe bogner alchemist, yikes it's never ending...

I agree. City Music has always been a favourite of mine in terms of value. I bought a ZOOM H4 from Japan earlier this year and I realised how expensive they sell them in Japan!

Well done, City Music! I will be patronising your store soon again.

Hi screamfest,

Stocks for our Korg DT-10 tuner are going fast! The black version is already out of stock unfortunately, so you will need to hurry if you still wish to get the silver one. Cheers!

Back