The 12th soft Drum Xchange @ Jurong Green CC - 27 Sep

thanks ah...i just saw this post...

i think kai wen got a few other things mixed up too. my surname isn't tan and i'm not into metal drumming leh.

ay DT, u can call all you want but i hardly answer to that name so i don't think i'll even notice :p

wow... i havent seen the article. nice!

+1 to DXS drummers
+2 to female DXS members !!!! haha

btw, reuben... alamak i given ur friend info i am the chairperson of the DXS committee... how come kanna publish as president.... sia la...... *slap forehead*

wow that was cool shit!. haha interesting to see such articles come up.

haha their errors are so funny. anyhow wan.. editor nv check sia.

sometimes words need to be changed for the article to look nicer i think... like when they align it and stuff. But the rumming thing really deserve a smack.. haha

but i really thanked KW cause he made an effort to at least bring DXS into the article. He came to the Jurong green performance and was pretty impressed.

well whatever mistakes there are doesnt matter.. ITS FREE PUBLICITY!!!! woohooo!!!

btw its was distributed at flash and splash.. haha

hi hi sui lin......
sui lin doesnt play metal ah....

eric play metal meh?
i tot he more of blues guy? ( even tho he look like nicholas tse ah.)

eh, sui lin, u play wat genre ah???
i think coz she wore lots of metal things thats why they say sui lin play metal....
oh maybe ah.. she's like a magnet.... tarik all the metal.. then they say she play metal...

hahhaha..
sui lin sui lin....

Lol the article has quite a few mistakes here and there la...

My surname isn't Chen and I don't play metal...I really wish I could though. :mrgreen:

Oh and I just realised one more thing about the article: Western drumming does NOT require double-pedalling...In fact no style of drumming actually REQUIRES double-pedalling...

Last edited:
there are no "requirements" for drumming...
seriously from my perspective... i listen to the riff my guitarist plays...
and i just drum what ever that comes to mind...
be it with a double pedal or not.

yeah i'm not pissed or anything...just kinda tickled...and my initial reaction was :confused:

but yeah, agree with reuben..it's afterall free (and good) publicity for DXS and its purpose of trying to reach out to more people, regardless of gender. and we're all still learning, be it drums or writing. so kudos to kai wen and reuben for helping to spread some drum love...

p/s who has actually seen me wear metal ?? DT, u forgot your anti-hallucination pills huh? :rolleyes:

Haha! How come KW got all our surnames wrong?! Is it done intentionally to protect the guilty? :mrgreen:

And gotta say this cos it's my occupation. Facts are facts. Facts can never be changed or distorted to make room for alignment or make the article "nicer." Next time KW does an article, must remember to fact-check.

There's such a position such as "the fact-checker" in huge publications. But Hype being a student publication, can close one eye lah. But must learn from the mistake and up the standard. :)

I only meant well and no malice intended. I too, am grateful that KW was interested to write an article about drumming. Keep it up! :)

this is near where i stay, so i might be drop in to watch. btw, can a non member watch or join other activity?

thanks.

this is near where i stay, so i might be drop in to watch. btw, can a non member watch or join other activity?

thanks.

can. altho there's no other activity than drumming there. if you're up to showing something on the drums, can do so as well. look for plainsman/alfe and intro yourself and he'll take care of you :mrgreen:

hi hi sui lin......

eric play metal meh?
i tot he more of blues guy?

Now I play a little Metal lah (simple ones) .... will be playing for a gig at Sub-Station this 27th September 11pm for the Band "ANTAERAI" - chailat same day as DXS Meetup.

PS: - Here.. eh..hhh Thanks Bro Alfe (Plainsman), for giving me alot of drumming tips on the Songs that I have to do for this Gig.

odetoapathy.jpg

Last edited:
thanks snowflier... i am only a music lover and like to enjoy some music. drum is not my instrument, play very basic laaaa...

see you guys there...

edit:

1) Plainsman
(2) Soft
(3) RudimentalDrummer
(4) Frummer
(5) Sheylara
(6) MysticRain
(7) caijunlong (I got to leave at around 3+ or 4. Will bring a friend along
(8 ) Jit Seng
(9) Nazreen
(10) Myner
(11) mel80
(12) marcdadrummer
(13) drummeright (will bring friends along -)
(14) jeepers (will definitely be leaving early, got worship practice)
(15) spinnin
(16) LordNagrath
(17) DT (gone by 1500hrs, work comes first... anyway, wats the theme?)
(18 ) Jono
(19) StarvingArtist
(20) Xeno
(21) Blissucide
(22) justaphase - Emma
(23) Fu Man
(24) Pakrash
(25) Gary (If he can Make it)
(26) Reuben (leaving early as well... )
(27) Kanzer.
(2 Zen (our Malaysian Bro in Singapore now)
(29) Underaged
(30) jullian_bei (come to watch and enjoy free music and friend...)

Last edited:
1) Plainsman
(2) Soft
(3) RudimentalDrummer
(4) Frummer
(5) Sheylara
(6) MysticRain
(8 ) Jit Seng
(9) Nazreen
(10) Myner
(11) mel80
(12) marcdadrummer
(15) spinnin
(16) LordNagrath
(18 ) Jono
(19) StarvingArtist
(20) Xeno
(21) Blissucide
(22) justaphase - Emma
(23) Fu Man
(24) Pakrash
(27) Kanzer.
(29) Underaged
(31) continue from here.....

PS: - Reuben … Hey Bro, send our regards and many thanks to your friend KW for the Free Publicity given to DXS .. .. yeah man - - - " Girl Power Drummer !"

Last edited:
Hi Eric

Appreciate your gesture to call me personally to attend the exchange.

I'd really love to attend but I'm unable to because of a gig on the same day. We have sound check at noon and performance in the evening. This came up last min.

Will catch up at the next one
Cheers
Prakash

Last edited by a moderator:
Bro, no problem we will try our best to organise a Drum Xchange every month if possible from this month onwards...I 'll see u...probably in Tanglin too.....cheers

Yeah, actually I wanted to do that in the 1st-place, but because this Project will be part of something that we can all do/discuss Physically in this comming 12th Meetup...so I have intentionally put it up here....It's now Move to a New Thread

PS:- It's a Good idea - Let's Do It At The Xchange next Week ---- Cheers ! - AND..Here's the Link to The New Thread - - - How To Make Your Own S$3.00 Hot Rod/Flap Sticks

http://soft.com.sg/forum/gear-drums/81402-how-make-your-own-s$3-00-hot-rod-flap-sticks.html

Drummers Comming for The 12th DXS Meetup
(1) Plainsman
(2) Soft
(3) RudimentalDrummer
(4) Frummer
(5) Sheylara
(6) MysticRain
(8 ) Jit Seng
(9) Nazreen
(10) Myner
(11) mel80
(12) marcdadrummer
(15) spinnin
(16) LordNagrath
(18 ) Jono
(19) StarvingArtist
(20) Xeno
(21) Blissucide
(22) justaphase - Emma
(23) Fu Man
(24) Pakrash
(27) Kanzer.
(29) Underaged
(31) continue from here.....

Last edited:
Is there like an entrance fee or is the drum exchange FOC?

Yeah it's FOC for now, but if you love it, then do join Soft's DXS as a Member, where all DXS Members will have to pay to (not us DXS Committee or Soft.com here) but Jurong Green CC directly, over the Counter there; -

S$10.00 for 2 Years as a Passion Card Holder (if you have this-no need to pay).
S$10.00 for a year (as a DXS Members) - This also goes directly to the CC - - when the members are large enough - the CC will make a Soft's/GRCC DXS Membership card (a nice ones - and till then Alfe will design the Card).

It also means here that Drum Xchange Singapore is a Recognised Healthy Social Activity Group - - - - this is the start and DXS will grow, and later on there will be more activities we will be organising by next year (once the DXS Committee sit down to plan end of this year).

PS; - I heard from the CC - that there will be some Lucky Draw for 2-Cars soon for al those that sign up as a Passion Card Member - - - I will let you all know when - then you all sign up - hopefully one of you can Win the Cars or 2 maybe...hehehe

PS Bro manicindiana, we will see you this Saturday (no need to pay anything - come and get to know us) I assure you-you will enjoy it..it's Fun
Cheers !

Back