Taylor T5

I've seen it and heard it :)

Actually it sounds quite thin when played acoustic... When plugged in it sounds like a cross between an acoustic and a classical with a bit of a blues sound...

Well my two cents...

I A/B the Taylor T5 with a Taylor 614CE about 4 months back. The 614CE sounds better.

I can't comment on T5's performance as an electric guitar. The last time I tried it at Sinamex, it was played through a Black Box digital thingy into a Stillwater acoustic amp. I believe any good guitar would sound like crap with this type of setup.

haha i don't think the T5 was meant to be played purely acoustically, like not plugged in to any kind of amplification right? That's why it's abit thin sounding. I was thinking that it's really cool to mix the clean and acoustic sounds to get that big clean sound, but the T5 is not the only guitar to be able to do that...but it appeals to those who want "genuine" acoustic/lead setups with one guitar.

sidetrack abit since we are talking about acoustic/lead, check out monte montgomery's 'little wing' cover http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31QQ1gNpAaY . he takes an acoustic and overdrives it. damn cool.

Back