Taufik Batisah apologises for Singapore national anthem error

RyanZ

SINGAPORE: Local celebrity, Taufik Batisah who was given the opportunity to sing the national anthem during the Formula One Grand Prix tonight, made a mistake while doing so.
His televised performance was viewed by millions all over the world.
But instead of singing "marilah kita bersatu", which means "let us unite", he sang “marilah kita berseru" which means "let us proclaim".
Speaking to MediaCorp, Taufik said, he’s very sorry for making the error.
He said he was very nervous while singing.
But the winner of the first season of Singapore Idol added that he’s aware that there’s no excuse for him to make such an error.
Taufik says he hopes that the public will forgive him for what he refers to as an "honest mistake." — 938LIVE/vm

*Can we forgive him?*

forgiven!

lol, every1 makes that mistakes sumtimes. i had loads of friends who sang the national anthem wrongly for 4 yrs during sec sch.

Yes, I agreed some of us sang wrongly. I bet if he did not own up, most of us did'nt even realise that he sang wrongly.

Well if he understands malay and he sang it wrongly....that's a bit harder to forgive =p

forgiven la.. didnt know also.

But i cant forgive the organisers of F1 Rocks who staged a poor performance. Artists were delayed to go on stage and audience were kept waiting. what does it show the artists man.. incapable? lol

ANYWAY back to topic, i also forget that i sang satu instead of seru. so yea. common mistake..

it was a common error he did. Seru and Satu. Almost everyone would mix up with these lines. Seru comes first or Satu comes first :)

and yes he can be forgiven. I bet no one really noticed the mistake tho. In fact millions of people watching, wont even know what it meant. So yeah.
Wonder who made the mistake so big now... hmm....

But i cant forgive the organisers of F1 Rocks who staged a poor performance. Artists were delayed to go on stage and audience were kept waiting. what does it show the artists man.. incapable? lol

Were they? On Saturday both Black Eyed Peas and Beyonce took the stage extremely punctually at their designated time slots though. It was rather surprising actually.

Well if he understands malay and he sang it wrongly....that's a bit harder to forgive =p

haha but its an honest mistake. some of us take it for granted and end up mixing up the words at the most crucial moment.

F1 rocks delay are very common. In the local shows too.
F1 rocks day 2, No doubt was delayed for a few minutes. Well, they need to change their drumsets and equipments. The stage layout was changed for every artistes.

Were they? On Saturday both Black Eyed Peas and Beyonce took the stage extremely punctually at their designated time slots though. It was rather surprising actually.

thats what i read from the newspapers!:) o wells.. everyone makes mistakes. like me. TMR IM GONNA SING SATU then SERU!

during my time at pasir ris sec, the school would off the PA system and make the school sing it without the music. if we're still singing softly, the DM will shout 'LOUDER!' and if theres no improvement, he will make us sing it from the start until hes happy.

good times!

i don't hear the national anthem being sung at all in the morning in camp. everyone curses the national anthem - cause it acts like some stupid alarm clock to wake everyone up when they want to sleep in a little later

i don't hear the national anthem being sung at all in the morning in camp. everyone curses the national anthem - cause it acts like some stupid alarm clock to wake everyone up when they want to sleep in a little later

actually tat shouldnt be it... must be proud of our anthem... and sing it loud.

I rather listen to Taufik in a lyrical blunder rather than Ris Low singing correctly.

so yea, Taufik's forgiven.

Back