synth rack / Tone generator

Re: Motif ES

bongman said:
halo,

I heard Motif ES has better real acoustic sounds

.john

I agree. I have read somewhere [irishacts.com] that a rack version of ES is going to be released soon....

MOFIT ES rack?

Hi,

that'll be good! hopefully it'll be less than $2K!
the ES 6 cost at least $3.5K or more?
ES 7 and 8 even more !?

how to afford ?
only professional music arrangers can lah,
the person i knew who owns an ES 8 is a pro,
he goes all the way to london to look for job!
always work for producers in Audioplex.
a happening guy!

Hi,

Korg also uses yamaha keys. So I prefer new sounds, not another controller. [i have triton] Then the learning curve with new keyboards/synth/module

if we have a good controller, we can add a sampler for more new sounds.

the ES Rack will only be released in singapore around march, and the initial pricing will be around 3.5K so don't bother waiting. Get the motif rack first...Wait 1 or 2 years for the ES rack to come down...

Silencer said:
the ES Rack will only be released in singapore around march, and the initial pricing will be around 3.5K so don't bother waiting. Get the motif rack first...Wait 1 or 2 years for the ES rack to come down...

$3.5k for a Motif Rack ES ??
When the Motif ES 6 can be had for less than $3k (according to joel68)??

ES Rack

The selling price S$1.8K (equivalent Yen). If we import now, we may not have the after sales support locally.

Re: ES Rack

KMA said:
The selling price S$1.8K (equivalent Yen). If we import now, we may not have the after sales support locally.

Agree. On the other hand, the last time I sent a Japanese piece of equipment for servicing is when the LCD backlight (not the display itself) kept burning out. I think it was way back in the early or mid 90's. The function was still ok. Recurred 2 to 3 x each time about $100+.

I gave up and switched to a computer based editor.

Otherwise, Jap stuff have been generally stable.

KMA,

Singaporean dealers do not provide warranty for the stuff you bought overseas..Moreover Yamaha @Plaza Singapura is Just an agent and wont provide you any support..

Music Plaza is known for their attitude and support.. :lol: I hope the fellow musicians know well..Even Our renowned Roland dealer.. :?:

That made me really to buy KORG stuff..

joel68 said:
KMA,

Music Plaza is known for their attitude and support..

That made me really to buy KORG stuff..

I have experienced that many times. No Care to even pick up the phone or answer your phone calls........... I hope the Yamaha products will not have any problems

Re: Import from Japan

KMA said:
I'll check with them whether they provide international warranty

Correction

I'll check with them [the Japanese seller] whether they provide international warranty

joel68 said:
KMA,

Singaporean dealers do not provide warranty for the stuff you bought overseas..Moreover Yamaha @Plaza Singapura is Just an agent and wont provide you any support..

Woah, does that mean that if an international star's Yamaha equipemnt breaks down here, Music Plaza won't touch it?

lowjk said:
Woah, does that mean that if an international star's Yamaha equipemnt breaks down here, Music Plaza won't touch it?

Low... :lol: :lol: :lol:

You and me are not international stars ... Do you think MP..bother to support us unless we are platinum artists ? 8O

Back