Swee Lee Online ? Good or Bad ?

I think the "notify" me button's useless. I've been sending a query since last year for PUPs and pedals and nobody's responding to me at all!

Furthermore, when I went there like 2 months ago, I was asking some of your sales rep guy what's the price of the MXR M290 Phase 95 pedal and he doesn't know so he just took my number to call me back but it never happened!

Overall the service is much better after the management change but that online store REALLY NEEDS to be closely monitored and updated.

I think the "notify" me button's useless. I've been sending a query since last year for PUPs and pedals and nobody's responding to me at all!

Furthermore, when I went there like 2 months ago, I was asking some of your sales rep guy what's the price of the MXR M290 Phase 95 pedal and he doesn't know so he just took my number to call me back but it never happened!

Overall the service is much better after the management change but that online store REALLY NEEDS to be closely monitored and updated.

We have some BIG updates to the site coming tomorrow, we've been working on it for quite a while now - this will help us to move improvements significantly faster than before. We did experience some bugs with our "Notify Me" button for a couple of users - unfortunately it was difficult to figure out where there was a miscommunication - not getting called back is definitely unacceptable. Please PM me with what you were looking for and we will get an update for you ASAP! So sorry for the inconvenience.

I would have to say that Swee Lee Online is pretty good, much better than the in-house experience to be honest.
I ordered a set of Taylor Machine Head/tuners to replace some worn out ones, and made a mistake, I simply e-mailed them and had it cancelled and had the correct set ordered.

Why is it better than going to the physical shop? Because I went down to Swee Lee with the guitar in tow to get the tuners changed and to get a refret only to be told, that they don't have the tuners, it will take 3 months to ship in. They can't do a refret... (even though they have a plek machine).
Had to head down to Sinamex to get my Taylor refretted and neck readjusted. and change the tuners myself.

I just love to go to shops and check out the gear. If one shop doesn't have what I need, I go somewhere else. Last case, ill ask the person at the counter to order what I need and text me when it arrives.

Funny how you say taking a traditional business into the future!

Online shopping is not the future, it is here and now and has been for years.

Swee Lee is just way behind I guess - some things that good online stores do: next day delivery, full product write up for every item posted, accurate stock description, photos of every product online. Serious investment needed in your online retail business.

Anyone experienced before ? Please share your thoughts.
A couple years back when i was younger it was damn daunting to enter Swee Lee BB branch.
Staff were very unfriendly and those kind of what you want kind of sales staff, will never think of solutions or products from a customer's point of view.
However past year when I stepped in to swee lee branch im greeted with a couple more same age staff which are much more friendly.(Maybe generation gap?)
When in to buy monitors and one of their staff (Fernando i think) let me just sit down and listen to the different brands of monitors, ended up up buying M-audio BX5s. I swear every audio shop pushes rokit 5s(Really don't understand why)
Key point is music is one of those life long learning things la...Its very egoistic to push your personal ideas and solutions to others.

Just went to the BB branch to buy my daughter a keyboard, I found one that was missed priced, by a lot.
I told them they had better honor the price tag, sure enough, they did. Today, the staff were standup & friendly.
So Swee Lee has moved up a few notches in my book

Latest posts

Back