Suitable Drum Heads For Piccolo Snare?

ZachDrummer

Hi Guys,

Need some help abt choosing Drum Heads For Piccolo Snare. Can somebody adv me the highest end heads?

Thks for yr kind help.

Hi Guys,

Need some help abt choosing Drum Heads For Piccolo Snare. Can somebody adv me the highest end heads?

Thks for yr kind help.

It is pretty much the same as choosing heads for other drums. The main thing that will help to determine the skin choice is the genre if music and the sound you are trying to get from the snare. For the same given shell material, same bearing edge and hoops, a shallower snare will have lesser overtones. So a thick head choice may dry it out too much etc etc...

Hi Zach,
trust you are looking for some crisper / funky sounds (owise you dont need a piccolo... :) ) I recommend the Remo Ambassador coated, med-high tuned - sub to shell material of course - but this should work well.

You can get some Alex-van-halen-sounds as well with a Pinstripe and med/low tuning, but these fat sounds you can realize with other models way better.

Just let us know what sound you want to get, makes it easier than guessing...my fav has always been the a.m. Remo Ambassador on nearly every snare model, take your time and do a clean tuning and there you go...

cu
Jan

Mthks for yr kind knowledge guys. Actually this snare was given to me by our local reggae band "Bushmen"'s drummer, sofy.

I'm more of a rock drummer but didn't know what heads to use for the piccolo snare. Heheheheheheh. So I'm gonna try out the Remo Ambassador Coated as mentioned by ToPfunk.

Thks once again

Back