Strings in Singapore

Johnny

Hello everyone,

I'm from Singapore but I don't live there at the moment so yeah , I can't just go to the shops and check.

Anyways ,I'm new to electric guitars so I'm looking for a couple of different strings from different brands just to know what I like and dislike. I'm interested in trying out Ernie Ball and GHS strings , probably 9s or 10s. Where can I get them in Singapore and roughly , how much would they cost?

Thanks.

both can be found at davis guitars. peninsular's basement. price wise should be abt 6-8bucks i think.

Wise choice, shop for strings here, because their horrendously overpriced in the UK and Australia the last time I checked.

Well, peninsula-excelsior shopping center basement, Davis Guitar. Just ask a random dude with a stupid hairdo and skinny jeans around the area, he'll probably know the way. 6-8 SGD a pack, in the UK its like 7 quid a pack.

any music shop can sell u strings, just whether u get the quality u want or not. For me most of the music stores stock the strings i like so its' okay with me

-I've been served a directive from someone higher up to edit this post, neutering it's contents would obliterate the intended impact of the original message, hence I have decided to eliminate the contents entirely-

Friede sei mit dir, mein freund

Last edited:
If you're gonna move around. I'd get d'addario , pack of 10s.

Its 46 at davis last month I checked.

Each set come individually sealed inside anti corrosion bags.

If you're gonna move around. I'd get d'addario , pack of 10s.

Its 46 at davis last month I checked.

Each set come individually sealed inside anti corrosion bags.

Yeah I think D'addario's bags are excellent but I'm thinking of trying out some other brands to develop a personal favourite or something you know?

Thanks for the helpful replies. I'll get my friend to get the strings from Davis Guitars.

Yeah I think D'addario's bags are excellent but I'm thinking of trying out some other brands to develop a personal favourite or something you know?

Thanks for the helpful replies. I'll get my friend to get the strings from Davis Guitars.

you might also want to try Electro-Harmonix strings out. good stuff, cannot bluff. I think you can get em from Blackwoods guitar at bras basah (opposite swee lee). immediately noticeable improvement in tone, and very long lasting.

another brand that i've just gotten into is Galli Strings. they're a bit pricier, but for non-coated strings they sound gorgeous. punchy, tight and very lasting as well. i've been gigging 3 guitars set up with these strings since mid-Dec and they still haven't tarnished, haven't broken - and i play my strings damn hard - and they still sound great. you can get em here: http://rdmgear.com/ don't worry about the online thing, the dealer is Singaporean.

I swear by Dean Markley's. Yngwie Malmsteen Signature strings, Davis stocks them, the ball end ones, they don't stock Yngwie's Magic (the signature SIGNATURE ones that are literally what Yngwie uses).

They make playing easier as they are extremely light. 8-46.

you might also want to try Electro-Harmonix strings out. good stuff, cannot bluff. I think you can get em from Blackwoods guitar at bras basah (opposite swee lee). immediately noticeable improvement in tone, and very long lasting.

Haha these strings sound good. I like that shop , it feels more '' specialized '' to me. How much are these strings and is there like a coating or style I can choose from ( like ''regulars'' and all that )because I'm getting a relative to help me get it and he doesn't know anything about guitars so yeah , maybe like a name I can tell him to get.

Haha these strings sound good. I like that shop , it feels more '' specialized '' to me. How much are these strings and is there like a coating or style I can choose from ( like ''regulars'' and all that )because I'm getting a relative to help me get it and he doesn't know anything about guitars so yeah , maybe like a name I can tell him to get.

Nope, they only make one kind of string - they're your normal nickel wound strings. None of that fancy schmancy coated string crap that makes your strings sound like rubber bands.

They come in 3 gauges - 9s, 10s and 11s. The 9s are in a blue coloured pack, the 10s come in red and the 11s in green IIRC.

Back