Spectrasonics Omnisphere

Have you watched the the video of the creation of Omnisphere? Very awesome stuff. I believe it's also a synth worth getting your hands on. The possibilities in mangling and twisting your sounds are endless.

Many reports of problems with it. Encounter any so far? How's the CPU tax?

They recommend min C2D systems with 2GB RAM and 50GB HDD space..

I have a Quad Core System with 8 GB RAm with 2 TB HDD. Hence I didnt see any problems while miding.. totally awesome synth.. But reminds me of Karma technology a bit.. May be Eric Persing inspired by the algorhythemic calculations of Stephen Kay's Karma Technology while formulating this synth ??

Most people who had problems had high-end PC specs as well. It appears Omnisphere had some teething problems, like extremely long load times for the patches. Perhaps these had been ironed out. I thought Omnisphere is not 64-bit ready yet... or maybe I'm wrong...

Post some music with Omnisphere! Quick!

I will...I am still running on 32 bit system...They also gave access to free tutorial videos which are much better than any manuals... Really worth investing in this than a hardware synthesizer...

32bit... then the 8 GB won't be in used. Just like me. I'm running a 64-bit ready machine. But waiting for Kontakt to be 64-bit ready. My extra 4GB is waiting to be installed. NI is taking their time...looks like they are caught up with the launching of Maschine and forgot about Kontakt.

Yes, softsynths definitely the way to go. Eric Persing's stuff are still the best! Looks like I may pick up Omnisphere one day...

Any plans to pick up Trilogy - or waiting for Trillian to come?

IT Geeks say that even though 32 bit doesnt show up 8 gig on screen, you can see it in BIOS, which means the performance for 8 gig is there..?? I could see that..

I never touch Omnisphere, I touch other soft synth form Spectrasonic. They can hit 20% of the C2D with just three layer of "analogue wave generator" with a simple chord. Other similar capability soft synth will hit that high too. Omnisphere from what I read it is a much bigger animals.

I guess it is not the soft synth faults. Synthesis involved a lot of floating point calculation. Intel processor are not that good. That why are hardware synthesizer are using RISC base processor.C2D have RISC hard code too but I think all OS are not optimize for such features.

Vista 32 will not utilise the extra 4 GB, even though you see it in BIOS. It just lie dormant. Your OS needs and software need to be able to utilise it - which means basically 64-bit. My extra 4 GB is sleeping in the box, waiting... All my software is 64-bit ready - except Kontakt, which is my main engine. Once Kontakt 3.5 is out, I'll get reinstall my boot partition from 32 to 64-bit Vista and my extra RAM out of the box.

But NI is soooooo slow....

You may be able to get it cheaper if you try Ebay. Many of them ships only to the US. So you'll need vpost.

Ebay sells bootleg...stuff

You may be able to get it cheaper if you try Ebay. Many of them ships only to the US. So you'll need vpost.

The problem with ebay sellers is if they are sending you original or bootleg?? most of them are copies..untrustable...:???:

Actually, I've purchased quite a few original, unopened, software from Ebay already. All of them are fine. I've not got any pirated ones. Registration done with no problems. You just need to make sure you're not paying $10 for a software. And the person has a good track record. I've got quite cheap Sonar 7 PE from Ebay (now upgraded to 8 PE, but from Cakewalk). By the way, BH Photovideo is also on Ebay...

Just saw that Ebay (Shop: Blitz Audio from UK) is selling Omnisphere for 394 USD. That's not including shipping, but it may include VAT. Will need to contact them to see if the price they put up included VAT. If yes, the price will be lower when shipping overseas as VAT is taken out.

Latest posts

Back