Slapping your bass

kreed

hello
can anybody tell me what slap bass REALLY is all about? i sorta noe what u are supposed to do but are there like any sure signs that you're doing it rite?

im not a bassist but i feel that, bass slapping's like very funky and groovy... more towards the funk and groovy thingy.

seriously!! i not so sure abt slap bass b4.. if i not wrong it uses ur thump and ur fingers :) but i gt no idea how it work and etc.. maybe if u wan know u could dl FLEA slap bass lesson or u would want to go to bass lesson.. :)

Hold up your hand, as if doing a high 5. Then bring it down HARD on your bass repeatedly. Slap him hard and good. And there you have it, Slappin'.

haha, play some RHCP song, record it dwn and compare to the cd. Ur slapping hand supposed to be curled into a fist(loosely, nt clenched). then rotate ur forearm and use ur thumb to whack the string somewhere near wher the neck ends. hope i'm not being a false prophet..

just hit the two heavy strings with the bony part of your thumb (slap) and the other two you pluck with your finger (pop).

don't need to have so much force, just a light tap will do.

i have to stress that muting is just as important as slapping.

Bass Slapping

If you are serious about becoming a good slap bass player, purchase a video called "The Slap Bass Program" by Alexis Sklarevski at http://www.videoprogressions.com/catalog.php . It takes you from complete beginner to advanced slap player.
Not free, of course, but it's well worth the money. It's an old video, but in 20 years, I haven't seen a better one on slap bass playing.

is there any slap guitar web sites? ... been experimenting.. and really dont know how to progress with this ...

Chan, lemme give you some big names in slapping. Scott Mishoe, Regi Wooten (guitarists). Listen to Marcus Miller, Jamiroquai, Level 42. Apply what you listened to songs you covered that dosent have slapping. Change the rhythmic sequence of the guitar lines freely as you please. Make it work.

Back