Singtel Mio

optisailor2002

is there anyone else that feel the same excitement as i do when using singtel mio on wireless? its like a constant race between loading the page and singtel disconnecting me. i usually lose this game though, with singtel winning :(

regret switching over to singtel when starhub was much more stable (though slower).

The problem I had with Singtel's broadband is that it made my telephone line noisy. Switched over to Starhub but like you said, the speed is slower.

Looking forward to the Next Gen Network, hopefully it will be stable and fast.

Both Telcos are utterly rubbish with services of a septic tank. Other than M1, we are somehow stuck with the dumb & dumber duopoly. And IDA/MDA is turning a blind eye. Oh, they are co-owned by a certain GLC....no wonder. :eek:

there're times my Mio gives way, then I'll just surf 3G on my iphone. lanlan suck thumb. I'll just remember the days I used to surf on a 9600bps dial up modem connection then everything feels alot faster.

it irks me when the MIO unit re-starts/ re-boots itself which will disrupt whatever download engagements i'm having. then the error message which says the system needs to be repaired will appear...

there are indeed interested parties who would want to enter the telco/ internet market but it's not profitable considering the market division that would entail.

Wow, I thought I was the only one with this problem. Is it when your router/modem's internet LED flickers then goes off every few minutes of internet usage? It has been doing that to me for the past 3-4 months. It's really horrible. I am thinking of switching over but I'm just unsure if it's really Singtel's problem or just my router(which I replaced when the problem began).

Calling them would just make them say that the problem is in my modem or my computer. It pisses me off!

I have used Starhub cable broadband for close to 6 years before switching over to Singtel Mio for about 2 years. I was bought over by Singtel's "Sign up now and get a free laptop", and realised I fell into a trap. As soon as the 2 years contract was up, I switched back to Starhub cable broadband.

Too bad that my home is not fibre-optic-ready yet, so no next gen network for me for now.

the main issue for me is the wireless network at home, if im using the cable on my desktop i hardly get any problems, but once i switch over to my laptop the connection becomes extremely unstable. while i can connect to services like skype, surfing on browsers become very weird, disconnecting every 5 minutes or so.

i thought that it could be my laptop, but no, i dont experience such problems when using the school's network :/

i read on other forums before that if you call singtel to complain they will just say that it's your router problem and keep making you run around like a headless chicken finding the right department to solve the problem, and end of the day nothing gets solved lol.

i've called singtel regarding the problem before and the person on the other end of the line didnt seem to know what she is talking about, end up i just decided to give up, shut the modem down and restart it a few hours later and apparently it worked.

Lol this is a problem i've been facing for the past 3-4 months too. To the guy who said that both telcos are utter nonsense, please go and look at Starhub CableTV and Starhub internet again, and you'll realise that they're a hell lot better than Singtel's or M1's. I so regret advising my dad to switch over to Singtel because of a lousy Acer netbook (not that the netbook's lousy, more that the gift given wasn't enough to offset the problems). And guess what, he was enticed by the 1 year free MioTV so he just renewed another 2 year contract. Singtel internet is terrible, absolutely terrible, and i don't see why they should be allowed to continue. PERIOD.

and we havent even touched on Mio TV yet hahaha. my parents switched to Mio because of the TV-phone-internet package, then regretted cos compared to starhub the programmes on Mio really like cmi.

i used mio in the past and i had a hell lot of problems with it... i've been using starhub for almost a year havnt had any problems with it so far

Back