Signal Splitter?

Hi, I saw some demos on youtube someone had a signal splitter and a setup which I can't understand what he is saying. What he is showing is having both an acoustic sound and an overdriven sound at the same time, from 1 guitar only. Dono how to explain. Watch from 0:25.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i_UAEF63vE

How can I achieve that using the cheapest way? Let's say I have a distortion pedal and an acoustic simulator only. I want to have the acoustic strumming sound with another driven sound at the same time, through only 1 amp.

thanks.

Last edited:
the main thing that spilt the signal is the nobel thingy he had. What he didnt really mentioned is the routing of the volume/exp peda thats doing the blending/mixing.

Theres couple pedals in the market that can do the mixing thing. But not many of those have expresion pedal control(mostly just footswitch control or just a knob to set and forget type). One of the few that have expresion control is toneczar vfm(cost a lot), goosonique pan blender(which i have 2 of those) . Other blender type pedal available are from xotic, barge concept etc. Wanna know more, just google for those.

cheapest way for "pseudo mixing signal" can try boss LS 2 and a volume pedal in one of the loop. Its not exactly blending. But it make use of the volume pedal to adjust on/off the signal inside of the loop

guitar--->Boss LS 2----->distortion and the rest of effect----->amp

Boss LS 2 loop A: Effect send---> AC2 input, AC2 output to volume pedal---->Effect return

the guitar signal will flow 2 ways, one to distortion and rest of effect, the other to AC2 and volume pedal.

when volume pedal set to 0, the AC2 will be silence while the guitar signal will still go distortion and rest of effect. Adjusting the volume pedal will bring th ac2 into the chain, without affecting the distortion and rest of effect.

you need active looper(Buffer circuit) with parallel loop.

Splitting signal passively will weaken signal(in simple term). You need active circuit to ensure signal split are of even strength when going in 2 separate path(to 2 different effect) and combining them again.

Anyway, if wanna try those looper, check with tymc and see if they can do something to your spec or as the video.

500 : i'm no guitarist,but where I come from (the recording side) http://www.bosscorp.co.jp/products/en/DI-1/

set you back bout $100 i think, i bought 2nd hand $50 before.

guitar > Boss DI #1 > Pedal 1 > Amp 1
#2 > Pedal 2 > Amp 2
#3 (XLR) > Mixer > soundcard.

there you go. suitable if you're in a 3 piece rock band and usually the gig setup is for 4 piece, so 1 amp is really soft.

have fun

hmm.. alright thanks for all your help. will go start experimenting your suggestions. thanks!

Back