sgmrphne - clandestine

Nice song. The lyrics are cool. The voice works - on second listening - quite a turn on actually.

The guitar work is quite nice but it needs more feel. The plucking for each note has similar touches and volume and hence the same feel - in other words no(t) enough feel. Learn to play the guitar like a piano - especially when plucking. They are both stringed instruments. Simply by subjecting the strings to different tensions/touch, an entirely different story can be told using the same notes.

And the guitar has to be played differently on some verses. It gets quite monotonous - with the same plucking routine. It can be the same chord, but pluck the strings with a different sequence and/or strum certain parts. This will give the song more room to breathe in, instead of being 'locked' to the same plucking sequence over the same chords.

The singer 'rises' at certain occasions but the guitar seems stuck in a single gear.

Keep it up. Very inspiring, enlightening and wholesome to hear original stuff over here - especially when it is as good as this.

And the singer sounds like a cool lady - I'm hopeful that she looks HOT too!

Cheers
RoRK

thanks for the comments everyone, really glad you liked it and find it soothing :}

Rork- thank you for the comments and tips on my guitarwork, i'll try work on it as soon as i can :) i'm not a guitarist and its parts wasn't planned so that explains why it's monotonous and not "feeling" enough.. i did add variations, actually... but can't hear :S bwek. had to record the guitar by stuffing a laptop mic in my mouth and resting my head over the guitar throughout the span of the whole song; quite uncomfortable after a while. lol. i'll most likely re-do the guitar parts again with someone who's better off at playing it :p

i'll try improve on things as i go along and hopefully write more stuff.

thanks~ :D

WOWOW, JAW DROPPING STUFF !
The compositon is really really strong.
To me, if it can sound strong with just acoustic aprrangment, it is a measure of a good composition. Adding on to the arrangment will only enhabce the song.

COmplements to the composer, lyrisist and singer(s) - love that harmony vocals!

what can I say but WOWOW

RGX312L

Back