Seymour Duncan Woody SC (soundhole pickup)

EugeneSmasher

Hi there,

Yet another acoustic guitar soundhole pickup that I own and have used. Unlike the Stagg pickup I reviewed some time back, I have not used this pickup live and cannot comment on its live performance.

Basically, I found this pickup to have quite a natural acoustic guitar sound, and I was thoroughly impressed when I ran it through a DI box and PA system. It just sounded natural, and seemed to sound very similar to my guitar's (Yamaha F310) natural unplugged tone. It seems to be a natural sounding yet transparent pickup. It is also very quiet.

Also, the maple shell gave the pickup a classy look. It just contrasted a bit too much with my guitar's sunburst top. It would look superb on a spruce-topped instrument, I'd expect.

So yeah, in conclusion, I liked the tone this pickup gave me. It's got quite a natural acoustic guitar sound to it. Best thing is, you can easily get a secondhand one for a low price here on Soft buy/sell. Cheers!

Price: $129 (if I remember correctly)
Where to buy: Davis Guitar, or Soft buy/sell.

- Maple shell looks classy,
- Quiet, very little noise and hum,
- Sounds natural,
- Very affordable if bought secondhand here on Soft Buy/sell section,
- Came with a nice cloth bag to carry the pickup in.

Dislikes:
- Pickup is quite large and will not fit smaller soundholes.
- Pickup's maple shell contrasted (in terms of colour) a little too much with my guitar's sunburst top.

Woody by SD.

Good review.

FYI: SC indicates it's a Single Coil.

I got Humbucking version - the HC - at only $80 in Davis. It's been serving very well. Almost noiseless,clear and natural. There are reviews stating the output is low, but personally I think it really depends on the amp or PA or even the DI you are using.

Mine's real loud going through a Acoustic Attack by Hartke throught a Mackie PA.

There's even the humbucking one with adjustable poles.

It's easy to use, almost a "no-brainer". If equipped with a decent active DI - you can go on the road with this baby in any occassion.

Woody by SD - I reccomend strongly as well.

Best - TF

Last edited:
Back