Service at Swee Lee Sale

RyanZ

Any bros here know that if service like guitar set up be available at swee lee sale?

That's why it's a SALE. :lol:
I'm sure if you pop by usually (without a mega sale), you should be able to get them to set it up. Proper and good set up needs a little time and concentration... not advicable to do it in a noisy enviroment. 8)

it's not really that noisy coz it's only a cny sale.. people are busy with CNY preparations, and there's no que and such like last time during the 1st day of the december sales.. and the 2nd day wah better can count how many people there...

today also not so many people... and they hardly stock up on cymbals... service is extremely poor...

In such events, even pricing is f**ked up... my friend, bought the hhx, price tag, 300 plus, scanned, priced jacked up to 400++...

than one a middle age man shouted to the salesperson for the same reason - pricing discrepencies...

even during normal days u can't find good service with Swee Lee lah.. they employ too much cheap labour... apart from the familiar faces, there's lots of new faces which knows shit about musical instruments...

The best thing is to ask the botak ahpek, he'll usually check the warehouse for stock.. for the rest of them, don need ask lah.. they'd say all here one, if cannot find, than no have... haha

bottom line, know ur stuff well, grab it before it's gone... if u have the chance talk to the ahpek, and maybe he'll check for u...

come down tommorrow lah, and try your luck... trust me, there won't be many people...

swee lee is really bad in organising such sales.. and that's a real sad truth..

but at least the stuff are half price, no one can beat that..

good luck to those eyeing on anything...

PS: i bought a snare drum, the wood is 6 ply 2.2mm 100% african mahogany, that helmi basket emphasize that it's the CHEAPO PHILIPPINE MAHOGANY!

basket i just let it be lah, even one uncle say, since u know its african than it's african lah u paid it wat not that guy.. haha..

if u wanna know more about drums, dont ask helmi, he knows nothing. seriously..

I went down also. Nothing much. They dun have the Ibanez guitars Im looking for. Most of the Ibanez only have one per model. Think its display models. Sort of disappointed.

MY SWEE LEE STORY.

heh heh
yea my dad had a heated arguement with the salesman. It wasn't about the discrepency but rather the principle of honouring your pricing and the way the salesman handled the whole situation. I believe he was in no position to handle it. This kind of pricing issues shd be handled by the boss/ manager.

We bought a drum kit, imperial star which had a price of 1417... if i remb correctly. It was stated very clearly and 'BIG-LY' with a 50% discount. Made payment and realised that they charge 1500 b4 discount.

I don't know about contract law and stuff. But if i'm not wrong, they should honour what they put up. After dealing with 2 salesmen while considering buying the kit, neither of them highlighted that the price is wrg and should be 1500.

So the salesman who made the mistake gave a half hearted apology, WITH RAISED VOICE!! my goodness, he stop short of calling my dad unreasonable. He was about to! till my dad blasted back at him. And he carried on arguing :roll: like come on mate, u made a mistake and yet you are being so defiant to a PAYING customer?

Even after knowing the mistake, they did not take down the 1400 price tag! even after we advised him to do so. the salesman RETORTED and said i'll explain it to the next customer when they pay. !!! WTH? Thats just plain rude and arrogant. His body language and speech to my dad was just rude and disrespectful. I'll bloody charge him if we are in the army hahaha!! At least Ray, the other salesman, was very apologetic and smile-ly. Even privately apologising to my dad and I for the rude behaviour of the other salesman. I wonder why the boss did not step in to sort out this situation.

The drumset that they billed us for was Bronze... we wanted silver.. but hey...guess i kinda expected it :roll: we kinda gave up trying on getting that. Ray however still made the effort and went to check it out for us. But after a long day, all the arguements, all the money given to sweelee, we decided to just save the trouble and took the bronze set. Looks good actually. heh.

At the end, the salesman at fault promised me a bigger discount when i go back to buy stuff after the sale. Lets see if he'll keep his promise.

I must say Ray was the most outstanding salesman for me today. He helped me to 'chop' the amplifier my bro wanted while i waited for my dad, he also help lug the amplifier down to the car. He also helped us to collect the drum set downstairs and helped us load it into the car. All this done with a smile. FULL MARKS FOR YOU MATE! Interacted with a total of 6 salesmen. The one who got into a arguement with my dad was good too, till the incident.

And man, to the cymbal area gatherers, i don't know if you guys are in the forum, but PLEASE don't crowd around the cymbal area and chit-chat abt what cymbals you have and what you think of different kind of cymbals and showing off your cymbal knowledge. There is a table outside, and a coffeeshop near by. I mean, sure stand there if u are trying the cymbals, but if not, make way pls! I had a hard time trying to try the cymbals because you guys were just standing there. Yea i know you guys bought a huge bunch of cymbals but let people like me have a chance to look at the cymbals that are left la. BTW congrats to your cymbal hual. I saw some really good ones u all were holding. Might have gotten the paragon ride:)

Wanted to get the Artisan Ride but they did not have the 20" Med available. I passed on the chance to get the 22" one. Saw a few crashes that i might get tmr. don't snatch :p!! haha. Will be stocking up on misc drum stuff tmr and bringing them over to aus. Also getting a guitar tmr. Maybe i'll have another long post tmr :p

Anybody know where can i get a good hard case for cymbals? Good enough for me to check-in in the airport.

I know its been said many times over, about your service. So i won't bother. But Well done Swee Lee for constantly giving us musicians good discounts for instruments! really appreciate it.

Ming Tian Hui Gen Hao! - Tomorrow will be better! (hopefully) Cheers

wah lemuel, didn't saw the rides leh?? all i saw with tc-zen whom bought the artisan 20" crash only.. didn't see any other rides... only some hhx crashes which i wanted and a hh 14" thin crash...

oh well, i thought i saw a post about " u thought u saw me part".. dunno where it went haha...

well yea i also got to honour swee lee for giving us such good discounts during sales lah.. but some items might not be on sale, better start saving up for the one during june, usually held at bras basah, confirm pack one...

lemuel, are u the guy who bought some cymbals y'day and said u were from australia or somthing to zen?? zen's is the brown hair guy who bought a plethora of cymbals.. dunno if u were the one with the black shirt issit?? hehe

oh ya since i bought my snare already, i might not be buying ur phattie lah bro... thanks for the offer though... it's still a great snare even though it wasn't tuned when i tried it at ahpek's.. << reffering to the 20 ply all maple phattie ur selling...

good luck today on ur restocking of misc stuff..:D.. do report yea..

Hey mate! Yea no one i saw bothered to dig for the ride. The artisan Med ride was in a special black cloth casing unlike the rest of the cymbals which were in the plastic bag. I went to ask helmi if there were any artisan rides left, so he took it out for me. There was this guy who was holding the paragon ride, but upon seeing the artisan, took it. I gave it up actually. Then i think it was that guys friend who took the paragon ride. They were the ones i was talking about hanging around the cymbal area.

Haha yea. I was also interested in the 14" HH thin crash. I went back today again and it was still there. I would have bought it, but choose not to due to its brilliant finish. i prefer HH in traditional finish. Another crash that i wanted to buy today was the 18" HHX Manhattan Crash. Damm... gone!!

haha this will be my the last sale that i will be able to participate in... flying off to aus in about 9 days time.

Erm nah i did not talk to anybody. I was the tall guy in tshirt and berms ha. hair not styled, looking shaggy haha. And yea i did buy some cymbals. And yea i'm going to aus. Haha no worries mate.

TODAY's EXPERIENCE @ SWEE LEE

100/100!! full marks to SWEE LEE!
RAY- 100/100
This guy is seriously the best salesman i've dealt with in swee lee. Yea he was kinda busy, but he went out of the way to find the stuff i needed. I bought an acoustic guitar today, but the case was missing... we realised that someone who bought another guitar was given the wrong case. So i suggested to check with bras basar if they have it, or check the store, which he did. And wala... i got a BRAND NEW guit! I think i took about 1 1/2h of his time. He even accompanied me to the ground floor to collect it from the warehouse. He was very accomodating thru out and smile-ly. Recommended me what strings to buy, etc. Even took me on a tour to the 5k and above guitar room with all the Gibsons are, hidden at the back. Wanna say a big thank you Ray! Definately recommend you to my friends if they wanna get a guitar.

The salesman in the incident yesterday.
100/100!
Thanks for finding out what the mistake was yesterday, and allowing me to make sense of it all. Basically the price was right, for the 18" kick set. However what we paid for was the 20" kick set. i was kinda surprise when i set up the drums... i knew i saw a 18" kick, but it turned out to be a 20" one in my house. And he apologised again, and ask me to explain everything to my dad, which i did. Like i mentioned yesterday, he was one of the better salesman till the incident. Today he kept his good streak going. Wanted to find some cymbals. He tried, but cld'nt find any. Friendly and smile-ly. Well done.

Lady Boss
100/100
Talked to my parents about the drum kit and was very polite and friendly thru out. Even went to find out if we can change the drums to the 18" kick one. We decided not to in the end, to save all the trouble.

Bought a CORT CJ-LE2 acoustic guitar. One hell of a beauty and nice sounding to me. Further more its not a show piece! woo hoo.

I was wearing bright orange and yellow top today if any body was there. :)

I think Ray is the nicest guy in Sims drive. Really helpful. I always go to him for assistance.

Is this Ray, Rayhul a malay guy?

If he is, yeap I worked with him before not @ Swee Lee, and he smiles 24/7 lol. Great guy.... will visit Sims one day, hehhhehhh.

Yes, Rayhul the long haired malay guy. Very friendly and helpful. I wish all the sales assistants were as helpful and friendly like him...

at the previous sale in december, my friend wanted to get the zakk wylde bullseye. All the ZW guitars there were priced except the bullseye. So my friend thought damn. I can't afford that so he took a gold top les paul. Later, we decided to ask how much the bullseye was, the guy checked and he said about 1400++ so he put back the gold top lp. When we went to pay, the cashier said it was about 1500-1600. And my friend only brought about 700 bucks or so...

:lol: get an exact quote lah.. aiya.. swee lee shouldn't have so much sales, if not people will be all complaining after each sale.. service no good.. never quote right price blah blah blah..

can somebody do something abt this.. its become a norm man!!

there is another sales person , his face abit like dave weckl, he made me feel uncomfortable. he made me feel like:" hmmm, this fellow is not goin to buy anything, but just "kaka cau cau".
man, we r serious in music, we wanna get the best for our self, so we have to try out b4 we buy, i m right? if not, we can just phone swee lee, tell them the model we want, then ask them sent to our place....

:lol: That dave weckl look alike sucks indeed. Got a few bad experience with him. The best persons to look for in Sim Drive is Rayhul and Bras Brasah is Aryadni. Both are helpful and give good discount. :lol:

Back