SOLD Selling My Yamaha Electrical Acoustic Guitar CPX500,

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarEnvoy

Condition: 9/10 (If 10 is 1st Hand) The only reason its 9 is because my hands played on it.
Strings: Yamaha's Premium Rust-Resistant Gold Strings.
Price: $630, BARGAIN IS ACCEPTABLE.
Other accessories included: Electric-Acoustic Guitar Manuel, Sound Hole Reducer, NEW-Battries, GATOR CASE.

If Images can't be seen..

URL
- Side View:

http://s1041.photobucket.com/albums...415/prana93/?action=view&current=DSC03951.jpg

- Main View:

http://s1041.photobucket.com/albums...415/prana93/?action=view&current=DSC03950.jpg

- Back View (my apologises for this blurred image):

http://s1041.photobucket.com/albums...415/prana93/?action=view&current=DSC03952.jpg

prana93

prana93

prana93

Other Reviews given online:
ATTRACTIVE, WELL BUILT

With its dark cherry sunburst (it’s also available in black and natural), compass insignia headstock, abalone rosette, and dot fret inlay, the CPX500 exudes a simple yet elegant visual aesthetic. Side-mounted electronics, which include a tuner, three-band EQ, and volume control, are visually unobtrusive and make this one clean-looking and pretty guitar. The spruce top has a medium-tight grain which shows through in the lovely sunburst, and the darker nato back and sides complement this visual display.
The construction of the CPX500 is immaculate. I could not spot any flaws in the craftsmanship, inside nor out, save for a few glue drops around the kerfing. And the fret work on the slim neck is precise and clean.

FEELS FAST, SOUNDS RICH

The CPX500’s C-shaped neck is slim and easy to navigate—especially if you have small hands. And though my hands are a bit bigger, I was able to play fast flatpicking solos with relative ease, thanks in part to the medium action of the guitar’s setup. The CPX did buzz a bit when I dug in or strummed more aggressively, but a quick truss-rod adjustment to add a little neck relief alleviated the buzz without any significant affect on the guitar’s playability.
The CPX plays a lot like an electric guitar and that became more apparent as I worked my way up the neck, which maintains a slim profile even as you play across the higher registers to where the neck joins the body. This might feel awkward to flatpickers who favor chunky, vintage-style necks, but no doubt holds vast appeal for a rangier player with smaller hands.
The Yamaha sounded crisp across all six strings, yielding searing highs and a responsive, even snappy, low end that would benefit players seeking a more contemporary acoustic sound. Light picking attack produced a quiet, shimmering tone, while hard strumming sparked a brassy snap, and the well-rounded tonal palate demonstrated just how good a well-built, laminate-top guitar can sound.
I tried the CPX in a few different styles ranging from strummed folk, to hard-picked blues, to some Django-style rhythms, and a few fingerpicked tunes. Overall, I felt that the CPX500 works best for strumming and flatpicking lead lines. Gypsy-jazz moves and percussive strumming revealed a sharp, focused, and compressed sound, and digging in with a pick, I was able to get some cool artificial harmonics à la Billy Gibbons and to create some nice bluesy solos.
I plugged the CPX, with its System55T piezo pickup system, into a Fishman Loudbox 100, and with minor tweaking was able to achieve a reasonably natural, if somewhat bright sound. The three-band graphic EQ enables you to adjust bass, mid, and treble frequencies—lending excellent tone-shaping versatility—and the midrange boost/cut slider dials out frequencies that can cause feedback. The onboard tuner activates with a push of a button; however, this does not cut the pickup’s signal, so you are still “live” unless you turn the volume down. The tuner also turns itself off after a minute or so to save batteries, though it would be helpful if it stayed on slightly longer.

THE WRAP

Yamaha has produced a well-made, lovely, and very playable guitar in the CPX500. It is especially suited to electric players and players with smaller hands, and its modern sound fits well into a rock or folk-rock combo where its shimmering high end would stand out in the mix. Combined with the plug-and-play versatility of its onboard electronics and a price that’s accessible to even the most cost-conscious picker, the Yamaha CPX500 represents an exceptional value.

My Intentions of Selling and Comments:
To be honest, The guitar is exceptional,color Attractive;Dark Red and Black contrast therefore, matches well with Jackets if you perform in gigs..or maybe even school campus performances? Its appropriate for those who love for those who's taste revolves around resonating sounds, relatively fine budget for a Good guitar.(Compared to the original price in Yamaha store itself without the GATOR case included) ;)

Anyway, Check it out! Contact me Via
-Facebook; Pranananda Maspolim
-Phone no. 91366306
-Email: Prana_93@hotmail.com

Cheers..!

Last edited:
I said it once I will say it again; "Bargain is acceptable~!" Once you stated your bid and after considerations taken.
Perhaps if you do have perference for the CPX500 Version II then go ahead & Buy @ Luther Music :)

However, the last time I saw CPX500 Version I, was that this price at Regular Yamaha Store was sold @ $800 excluding the cases. As its taxed and retail..bla bla bla.

Nevertheless, I want to sell my guitar for $$$ :(
So that I might be able to invest my $$$ on other Instruments that I play.

However, It still remains the same.
If you're interested in CPX500 Version I,
Feel free to contact me if you want to see the condition of the guitar or if the images is not good enough.
State your budget and I will consider it. :p

Cheers..!
All the best to your endeavours.

i think the difference is the pickups. the CPX500II has soundboard pickups while the CPX500 I has undersaddle transducers. depends which sound you prefer.

Luthermusic sells last BLACK piece of CPX500 for $435.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back