Scheter C-1 FR or Ibanez RG370DX?

Synester

Hey there guys.

I'm buying a new guitar this november,and i can't decide on which guitar to buy.so help me guys.thanks in advance!Specs and pics below.

C-1 FR Schecter:
CONSTRUCTION/SCALE: Bolt-on /25.5”
BODY: Mahogany
NECK/FINGERBOARD: Maple/Rosewood
FRETS: 24 Jumbo
INLAYS: Dots
PICKUPS: Duncan Designed Active HB-105
ELECTRONICS: Vol/Vol/Tone/3-Way
BRIDGE: Licensed Floyd Rose
BINDING: White
TUNERS: Schecter
HARDWARE: Black Chrome
COLOR: Gloss Black (BLK)

Ibanez RG370DX:
Neck Type: Wizard II
Body: Basswood body
Frets: Jumbo frets
Fingerboard: Bound Rosewood
Inlay: Sharktooth inlay
Bridge: Edge III bridge
NeckPU: INF3
MiddlePU: INFS3
BridgePU: INF4 HW
Color: RRD
Finishes: RRD

C-1 FR Schecter:
http://www.schecterguitars.com/hr.asp?id=178

Ibanez RG370DX:
http://sweelee.com.sg/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1_17_178&products_id=873

Last edited:
have you tried both guitars before? sometimes specs arnt everything. the feel is the most important. if you are not comfortable playing something, chances are you wouldnt like it in the long run.

spec wise, the scheter seems to be a slight notch better but do keep in mind that these 2 guitars are completely different animals.

I might be able to help you out. I've tried both guitars and a LTD M-200FM out. My advise is go down to the shop, try the guitars and see which one plays well for you. For me, it is the Ibanez RG. ;)

Thanks alot for the opinions guys,but let me tell you guys what's causing my dilemma,there're a couple of reasons.

1)many people said that the Duncan pickups on the Schecter is better than the ones on the RG370DX.
2)the feel of the guitar wise,i think i like both.
3)the Ibanez has a Sharktooth inlay,and the Schecter has a dot inlay,and i think that dot inlays are a bit boring.
4)i've used Ibanez bfore,and dunno whether to switch brands or not.

hm, given that the pickups are duncan designed, rather than real duncans, it's prolly not gonna be the best sounding any how ( i might be elitiest here) but i guess, the inf's on the ibanez arent that bad sounding them selfs.

1)many people said that the Duncan pickups on the Schecter is better than the ones on the RG370DX.
2)the feel of the guitar wise,i think i like both.
3)the Ibanez has a Sharktooth inlay,and the Schecter has a dot inlay,and i think that dot inlays are a bit boring.
4)i've used Ibanez bfore,and dunno whether to switch brands or not.

as per zac89's post- they are Duncan Designed, not Seymour Duncan albeit sounding appealing.

my advice to friends is this; do not be too particular with the default pickups of guitars in this price bracket. do so only if you do not wish to swap them after buying the guitar, which IMO is highly unlikely :cool:

as per zac89's post- they are Duncan Designed, not Seymour Duncan albeit sounding appealing.

my advice to friends is this; do not be too particular with the default pickups of guitars in this price bracket. do so only if you do not wish to swap them after buying the guitar, which IMO is highly unlikely :cool:
hey there subversion,i really don't want to change my pickups on a guitar because i rely mainly on effects to boost my sound,so yeah.in your opinion wich guitar would be better?

Back