Sahasrara

edder

New and improved. How can something new be improved? How do you improve something that is new? You don't, you just flog the dead horse again and again and again. In short, you just need to add mojo. :mrgreen:

The new redesigned boards are going to be loaded with Wima capacitors all round. Teh best there is. Power supply filter caps are ever reliable Elna's.
3061110567_ba3217a894_o.jpg

Most importantly the output cap is an Elna Audio grade Cerafine. I've used the regular Elna caps before but the Cerafine takes the cake. MOJO!
3061110753_965a909dbb_o.jpg

I've just tested out the new proto board with new pots that are smooth as baby's butt. Its like whoaaaaaa.... I can't wait for the new lot to come in and start getting busy.

Wahhh ...bery nice !!
Got 4D --> 4808 ...buy buy buy :mrgreen:

I use Wima too ...good choice ED.

Cerafine teh mojo ?
Nah... Black Gate bro.:cool:

ED ...i want one ok...

goose, heh thanks. Gotta be realistic lah, Blackgates are now classified as unobtainium mojo status. Remember my motto, get the best available but make damn sure the supply is constant and available, not NOS/100 pcs only kinda thing. Consistency is the key.

And that 4D number, I dunno why its there! I never put it in my silkscreen design also!

shredcow, on the whole without doing a one part change listening test, everything sounds way clearer and smoother than before. Can I say like more "authority" to the sound. I really like the changes. Also I've redesign the PCB and using shielded cables to run to and fro input/output sockets, stomp switch and PCB. I find the pedal seems a bit more quiet.

The pots now I'm using Alpha pots and not Meggitt-piher anymore. Those Meggitt are bulkier and getting in the way of my construction method. More expensive as well and rotation not as smooth as Alpha. So Alpha wins here. Not because of sound as they sound the same but more to smoother construction.

IMHO of course. Need to build more and test more but for now, this is the direction.

Last edited:
pathein the PCB design is REALLY on the way. :mrgreen: Now I've got a standard template for my PCB design using the right software, I'm motivated lah! hur hur hur

shredcow, on the whole without doing a one part change listening test, everything sounds way clearer and smoother than before. Can I say like more "authority" to the sound. I really like the changes. Also I've redesign the PCB and using shielded cables to run to and fro input/output sockets, stomp switch and PCB. I find the pedal seems a bit more quiet.

Sounds interesting... and this is more along the direction you wish to take?

I wonder how it sounds now. Crisp, clear, more smooth. Hmmmm....

shredcow: definitely. I wanna push the build and quality level as far as I can take it. Already I'm estimating doubling of time to assemble and also the additional costs of "branded" parts and quality shielded coaxial cables for internal wiring. RG-174 don't come cheap.

niteblade: can exchange with a Tokai? :mrgreen:

goose: Eagle PCB lah. its free and the maximum size is more than enough for any pedal builder. Some learning curve involved but its worth it. About time you get down and dirty with homebrewing!

how about a goose and edder collaboration?

OM labs sahasara and Goosoniqueworx Seventheaven combined into a pedal with mega tweaking options!!!

Back