Rudess & Petrucci

subversion

521014.jpg

An evening with: John Petrucci & Jordan Rudess

instrumental music fans would enjoy this release by the abovementioned masters. it's a live take featuring just 2 of the Dream Theatre line-up with a very appreciative audience.

i enjoyed the overall precision of this partnership, showcasing some of their blistering techniques but not setting aside musicianship which is evident in this offering.

petrucci had some off-the-cuff ideas blended well into the tunes & the mistakes were masked off very professionally. the untrained ear wouldn't have heard them anyway, that speaks volumes. rudess on the other hand is the driving force behind this partnership & he showed everyone how the keys & the strings can co-exist in deliverence as oppossed to competition & being a mere back-up.

a thoroughly enjoyable outing for those who wish to be enlightened by fluid, thought-provoking ideas.

Its definately a great album. Totally diff from ur usual DT/LTE kind of music. I had the original release and how I wished I could have been there to experienced that concert... Thanks to Steve Vai for liking this album that it finally manage to be on a major label but the coolest thing ever would be a DVD release of it... Ahh well... At least theres Oct 5 to look forward to! :twisted:

Great ablum luv it, btw I've the very first version of this ablum (the one that was release from Pertrucci's label Soundmind Music)

I heard that there are a few new tunes on the ablum....can't wait to get my hand on this one. :)

What's on OCt. 5? American Idol?

-Beast

metallibeast said:
What's on OCt. 5? American Idol?

-Beast

American Idol?!

DT's latest Live in Budokan DVD will be out!! Got it pre-ordered! Cant wait for it!! :twisted:

Dream Theater guys are really something else, Petrucci being from Berklee, Rudess from Juliard.

Excellent album. Really disappointed that the DT dudes cancelled their Singapore stop...

Back