Rolling stones sued.

nitrovo

Rosalie Druyan wants to stick the Rolling Stones between a rock and a hard place with a $US51 million ($A66.37 million) lawsuit.

Shattered when Mick Jagger's sore throat scrapped the Rolling Stones concert Friday in Atlantic City - four hours before its scheduled start - the Stones superfan from Brooklyn is taking the wrinkly rockers to court.

In a class-action suit to be filed tomorrow in Manhattan Supreme Court, Druyan contends the late cancellation cost her and other fans big bucks on non-refundable hotel reservations, forcing them to spend the night together in cold and rainy Atlantic City.

"Talk about no satisfaction," quipped lawyer Martin Druyan, who is representing his wife in the case.

The Stones - who are set to play the Beacon Theatre tonight for a Martin Scorcese concert film on the legendary band - cancelled their show at Boardwalk Hall when Jagger came down with a sore throat. But the bad news didn't come soon enough for Rosalie Druyan, who last month had bought a pair of tickets to the show for $US575 ($A748).

"People came from all over to see the Stones," she said.

"When you talk about travel expenses, hotel and baby-sitting expenses, that's not a cheap day."

Druyan said she received a Ticketmaster e-mail on her BlackBerry notifying her of the cancellation when she was a few kilometres from Atlantic City. By then it was too late to cancel a $US300 ($A390) reservation at the Trump Taj Mahal and too rainy to drive back to Brooklyn.

"We were bored for nothing," said Druyan.

The Stones announced today that another Atlantic City concert will be held on November 17 and that refunds are available for ticketholders who can't make that date.

But Druyan and her husband, who have attended nearly 50 Stones shows between them, won't be among those going back to Atlantic City. A spokeswoman for the band was not available for comment.

"We're real Stones fans, and we see them everywhere," Rosalie Druyan said.

"But we won't be seeing them at the make-up concert."

This is bloody rediculous. I mean if it was to compensate her losses, but I dont think her hotel cost $51 million. and its not their fualt she chose to drive and stay ina hotel anyway. she could ahve walked and camped hahha

And shes says hses a big fan... bullshit/

I think she's suing on behalf of other fans as well, otherwise it'll definitely be considered frivolous and she'd be climbing a battle to win the lawsuit.

Btw, not all media sources are neutral. Try to read between the lines.

That said, I doubt they'll win anything/much, especially if the Rolling Stones can prove their absence is legitimate.

Woah bro, you are always looking out for lawsuits huh? LOL!!!

Yea 51million is a little erm ... ridiculous for an individual. Unless her husband is taking up a lawsuit on behalf of a whole bunch of fans. But still, I don't think it amounts to 51million even if 100% compensation is made to every single fan for transport, hotel stay etc...

http://www.playfuls.com/news_00001526_Annoyed_Rolling_Stones_Fan_Sues_the_Band.html

"After she found out that her favorite band cancelled a concert just hours before it was scheduled to start, Rosalie Druyan threatens the “Rolling Stones” with a $US51 million lawsuit.

Old Mick Jagger’s voice failed him several times during his career and lately, it happened so often, that one of his fans took it personal.

Mrs Druyan was devastated after the Rolling Stones concert in Atlantic City last Friday, which she had planned to attend and had ticket, got canceled just four hours before its scheduled start due to Jagger’s soar throat.

The Brooklyn woman will be represented in the case by her husband, Martin Druyan and she claims the late cancellation cost her and other fans big bucks on non-refundable hotel reservations, forcing them to spend the night together in cold and rainy Atlantic City. She says she paid $575 for a pair of tickets and $300 for the hotel room."

"Mrs Druyan was announced of the show’s cancellation via email on her BlackBerry when she was only several miles away from Atlantic City. It was already too late to call off the hotel reservation she made and too rainy to drive back to Brooklyn."

"The show on November 17 is expected to result in the postponement of their Nov. 18 date at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles. The band has not played shows on consecutive nights in some years."

"Since then, the band’s spokeswoman announced on Monday that for the second time in three days, the group must take a break because Jagger was ordered by a doctor to rest his voice.

The postponements follow disruption to live dates in Spain in August when Sir Mick, 63, suffered laryngitis."

The rest are facts and repetitions, so I won't post them. However, I hope you all can see the slant in the reporting of the first article. Particularly what was not reported:

1. The Rolling Stones has not played in shows on consecutive nights in some years.
2. The Druyans were informed "just hours" before the concert. Even Robbie Williams cancellation in Singapore came months away.
3. A class action lawsuit by definition is suing on behalf of a group of people; in this instance, we would expect more than 2 fans suing the Rolling Stones.
4. While the lawsuit is filed against the Rolling Stones, don't expect Rolling Stones to pay. Expect the organizers to pay.

There's a two side argument here: If I persistently have health problems, should I offer my fans a chance to possibly sing, knowing that I may also fall on the promise? Did Mick Jagger have any involvement with consuming food that resulted in a sore throat, or did not take care of his voice prior to the concert? On the other hand, if fans knew that Mick Jagger had health problems, should they expect the Rolling Stones to guarantee anything to begin with?

I think I'll leave you guys to guess. Personally I'd reserve judgment here, particularly when even many US media (Fox, CNN) is biased and partisan.

thor666 said:
4. While the lawsuit is filed against the Rolling Stones, don't expect Rolling Stones to pay. Expect the organizers to pay.

Hard to say lah. We donch know what clauses are stated in the contract between the Stones' management company and the dodgy event organisers...

Bro thor666 bro, I hope you'd guess my name... Hurhurhur...

Back