Rock/Metal Pubs

lh

Anyone knows any pub that features resident rock/metal bands? i know there used to be one Zombie that play metal songs but they changed concept now...

house of rock is @ tanjong pagar
actual address i' not that sure...
but look at the after dark section of tomorrow's new paper...
the ad is always there every week...
Ministry of Rock with Jatt (formerly of Black Dog Bone) on vox plays there...
For those who dunno who they r....
MOR consist of Paul Danial on guitars,Hakim (ex-Tri-Ryche) on drums,Anis on bass...
another band playing there is Reeha...
for those who've been in the scene long would know who's who in these 2 awesome band...

Cool. Thanks for sharing.
And apparently it seems that I've not been in the scene long enough.

no probs peeps...
if u like rock music...i guess that's one place u shud chk out...
another plc that plays good rock music sometimes is at insomnia @ chijmes...
but it depends on which band plays there now...
but usually there'll be at least a set whereby the band will play some of the popular rock songs...
and another place is at woodstock...
but for total pure rock music...not much plc to go nowadays...
actually miz those times when hotline was around...that plays kinda rock...
even the DJ plays rock/heavy metal songs (with the occasional rock videos on TV)....

Hi,

Haven't been there for awhile, but can check out Crazy Elephant at Clarke Quay. Good rock, blues etc but no play metal though.

cheerZ

wHoa dudes...
you guys dun wanna miss House of Rock
the resident band Ministry of Rock absolutely rocks!
they play stuff from Iron maiden, deep purple(BURN!!), a few metallica and the like... Absolutely one of the best bands in singapore. One singer sounds like Dio while the other sounds like Ozzy. How good is that??

Yea yea HOR is damn cool ( the band) .

They play heavy stuff/rock& roll. The last time i was there. talked to paul. He told me they got no restriction or watsoever. They can even play DT if u request.!

Anyways there`s always the downside of thing. The place pretty sleazy tho..plus the service staff is .... -_-''. Let`s just say u wish u wun have a heart attack or excessive blood vomitting frm talking to them.

To sound like Ozzy is good? Ahah, I think his voice has a serious problem screaming cocaine damaged man. Have you been to Vintage? It' located in the same building as Muddy Murphy's which is somewhere beside the famed Four Floor Of Whores. No live bands at the moment till the place is upgraded in June. They play 80's rock and loads of metal. They've a good mix. Arch Enemy, Dimmu Borgir, Slipknot. Stuff like that.

xklusivly4u said:
does anyone know address or near by land mark or road name of HOR?

nt sure road name.

But its like 5mins walk frm tanjong pagar Mrt.

N yea vintage is a gd place to chill until the jon ( the owner) starts to spins "heart attack 7" his fav techno album haha or otherwise influx of beyond.

Vintage. Quite small little place in the same building as Muddy Murphys on Orchard, but plays nonstop metal/classic rock really loud and good

House Of Rock is at Tras Street! Near Tj Pagar mrt. It's nearby the 7-11 around 58 Tras Street. But down there, they've alot of restrictions. No helmets, that kinda stuff. But cool place to chill. Can have supper at Maxwell after that too.

House of Rock [ live rock music every nite], 83A tras street, off Tg Pgr rd. corner of the 1st shophouse building, facing the MRTs entrance/exit. hard to miss it with the signboards lit at nite.

no probs on dress codes, yeah helmets etc etc are advised to be kept in lockers provided, for a good cause. 0 fights so far since Ministry of Rock's residence at this joint, 1 year in march. bar prices apply.

Inviting, all rockers and 80s heavy metal lovers down to join us. Main bunch of our regular boozers are into classic 70s blues/hard rock. Sabbath, Led Zep, Rainbow, Deep Purple, Scorpions, Grandfunk, Uriah Heep, Bad Co. are anthemic bands with them.

Ministry of Rock covers range from 60s blues-rock [cream, hendrix, free], 70s hard rock [as mentioned in the paragraph above and much more] and 80s heavy metal [Maiden, Dio, Loudness, Rising Force] Oh yeah i vox on a certain Megadeth tune when its demanded :p

our nites are every tues, thurs, fri n sat, 2230hrs onwards. Drop by and catch us Live \m/

@lombardo, now u can get your table reserved thru me, saves all the hassle. Friends of the band, do get a personal touch. cheers :)

alo abang paul!!! :p
if i gt time,me & mazri wil drop by nwatch u guys play...
dah lama tak tengok lah.....
send my rgds to hakim & anis as well!!!
ok,go!!

Back