Review your cables!

EugeneSmasher

Hi all,

I thought it appropriate that we share what cables we use and what we like and dislike about them. I'll start the ball rolling.

Neutrik Horizon cables
Appearance: Black cable with silver coloured heads and tips.
Made in: USA.
Price:
Place purchased: Yamaha outlet, Plaza Singapura.
Likes: Durable cable, stiff as well and does not get knots easily.
Dislikes: Tips often get a bit lose after unplugging and need to be re-tightened.

Tone Drive cables
Appearance: Black cable with silver coloured heads and gold-coloured tip-ends.
Made in: South Korea.
Price:
Place purchased: Standard Value.
Likes: Durable cable, quite cheap, tips do not get loose easily, classy appearance with the gold-coloured tip-ends.
Dislikes: Cable is very flexible and gets knots quite easily.

So share yours! If you think this thread is unnecessary, you may tell me so, but let's keep it civil for the sake of this forum. Unfortunately I can't remember the prices, but it would be good if you could also include the prices you bought cables at, and where you bought them from.

Cheers!

For guitar to pedalboard cables, I use a Planet Waves cable with a Circuit Breaker. Got this from Swee Lee for about $30. It's gold-plated and very tough. The Circuit Breaker comes in handy when changing guitars, sparing you that annoying "pop" or "crackle" you hear when you plug out a cable from your guitar's jack.There's even a band to tie the cable up after use. What I don't like is that it's straight at both ends. Would prefer if it was right-angled at one end, so as to save space on the pedalboard.

Anyone knows bout a straight-to-right-angled converter?

I use Tone Drive cables too. The patch ones. And I absolutely love them. At $6/patch cable, I think it's a good price for something of that quality. And may I add that it's noiseless too.

Last edited:
I use Tone Drive cables too. The patch ones. And I absolutely love them. At $6/patch cable, I think it's a good price for something of that quality. And may I add that it's noiseless too.

May I know where to get those? I'm in search for some good patch cables. The one I have generate too much noise. Thanks :mrgreen:

Back