Review section for drumming gear?

ixora05

I was browsing the Reviews section of the site, and there doesn't seem to be a section for reviews of drumming gear...do you think there's a need for one? i think it'd be useful to drummers (n00bs and veterans) when purchasing gear, especially for people getting a drumkit. drumkits are pretty huge investments for most of us and a review section might help a little bit. what do you all think?

hello...

yeah its true...but how often do we purchase drum products? it can be put up but perhaps not looked up upon. :)

Nice idea. We'd need someone who really really knows his/her shit to do the drum gear reviews though. For the guitars side, they have subversion to do it. It takes quite a lot of time and effort to do such comprehensive reviews as well. Someone who has vast knowledge on drumgear has gotta volunteer to do it. Well, I'm definitely not good enough to do it lah.

Any takers? :)

hi guys,
i am new here. just popped in to say hi!! glad the drumming community is still alive n kicking!!

bryan

hmmm true Frummer but new drummers are always needing advice on what drumkit to get. hehe.
and to mel...yeah we need someone who knows drumming gear damn well. me is a n00b, I need the section more than I can create it. heh.

ixora05 said:
hmmm true Frummer but new drummers are always needing advice on what drumkit to get. .

the known drummers here are not seen in this thread yet...haha

hm. apart from mel yeah. and hi littleblackgems! haha. yeah. I know littleblackgems, she's my band's vox, pepper!

hahha.. hi all!!

actually will be good to have a pricelist also hor? maybe nigel can help? :D
cymbals pricelist i mean.. then we can aim!! :D

oh yeah! then we can GAS away while saving up money. lol. but really it'd be good....cos drumming equipment is expensive too and a big investment for most of us. we'd want to know that we're buying something that is good quality and not only all hype.

Iron Cobras cost quite a bit lol. students' budget, students' budget.
and I saw the link---wow. this guy knows what he's talking about. maybe we have something like that for other brands as well?

u mean pedals? yeah.. i was like thinking a cheap dbl pedal or ICs.. all the way man!!! don't waste time and money upgrading!! :D if u want IC spare parts, also quite easy to get. go G77 studio for practising drums. they got dbl ICs there! :D

other brands like lazer, etc? i don't know.. seems like the ppl over at US are freaking rich.. so many of them owning masterworks, DW kits and a stack of cymbals. i'm so jealous of them!! visit the pearl forum "show us your kit".. woot! hahaha.. they do post some videos sometimes and i really learn quite a bit from there..

actually i missed this out. pearldrum forums has alot of reviews.. like cymbals to hardware like clamps/racks/stands to drums like snares/drumkits. alot of reviews are there.. :)
so i thought maybe a pricelist will be better.

hmmm. how about both? haha. we need a local's perspective too. cos music scenes do differ somewhat. and pricelist would definitely be good. anyone with the expertise to do one up?

hey guys, ahhhh equipmenttttttttttttttt. okie honestly i think impt things like pedals and snares, save up abit longer so u can get a gd one. when i was starting out as a drummer i didn't have much cash either. however from long hrs of selling my ass to mel i managed to save up some. got a DW 5000, i have smashed it dropped it, chucked it into a bag filled with guitar pedals and basically taken them everywhere, i dun clean them, i haven't serviced them for 7 yrs already, i'd say thts value for money! the iron cobras are just value for money i feel, i heard the pacific pedals are quite awesome for the price as well. their basically DW pedals made in taiwan almost identical in design except maybe for the numbber of ball bearings. the yamaha flying dragons i heard are very decent as well, the thing is that u basically need a double chain drive pedal. the single chains are alittle too shakey for me i feel. there are some pedals like axis and the lugwig speed king that are direct drive which means no chain at all, i heard these are really gd. but save up more and get a decent pedal cause it'll really help ur playing.

actually ppl at US can buy drum gear like clothes because...

of taxes...

way diff from singapore...

i tink...

yeah i support a section for drummer with gear prices...

The iron cobras are actually harder and give you quite a bit of rebound. The yamahas are generally softer and gives you a lighter feel thus you spend slightly less effort kicking.

Depending on the way you play, the cobra may help you do the ghost kicking / rebound better. However, the yamahas less shack. Yamaha also can do the double kick but got to have more control.

Regards
Robin

thanks for posting guys! always fantastic to have info from the people who know what they're talking about. but to get a review section up and running, which we can have always accessible instead of just one thread which might eventually get lost, we need people like you guys who are willing to write up some stuff that can be posted. anyone willing to take on the job?

Back