Retribution Movement-19.12.09-Special Tribute To Francis Magalona-Pics & Vids !!

This is a Pre-Christmas Social Party and Get-Together for the Pinoy Musicians (we call it Pinoy Unite) in Singapore from Soft Music here- featuring currently 18 Confirmed Philippino Bands who will be Playing on the 19th December 2009 (Saturday) 3pm onwards till 12am in the morning at:-

The Chocolate Bar
Tanglin CC
245 Whitley Road
Singapore 297829

NOTE: - The Core Objective of this event (beside – getting together as Pinoy Unite) – is To Pay Tribute/Respect To – Francis Magalona A rapper, songwriter and producer (known also as The King Of Philippines Rap Music) who had sadly pass away and miss by all this year 2009 due to leukaemia (he was 44 years of age) . As such every single Band in this Tribute Gig will play at least 1 of Francis’s Song in this very Special Event.

Francis may be no longer with us, but his Spirit will and shall live on forever in our hearts and be remembered.

Special Thanks To:-

(1) All the Pinoy Bands here & people who will come support this Event in Soft.
(2) Soft Music Forum – James Himself
(3) Tanglin CC (TCC), Tanglin Music Club (TMC)
(4) The Chocolate Bar (Special thanks to – Andrew, Jay Chong & Mrs Chong)

Who help make this Special Event Possible here ….. Thank You all. !

All Are Welcome:-

HaloHaloGig-1.jpg

hey ERIC

great works... your efforts will b acknowledged..
hope n best wishes for your good n successful SHOW with
the many musicians u made available. then maybe progress
to the other main halls in the CC for a better show in near future.
[so u can cater to the crowd which i m certain will fill Chocolate
easy]

sure to b there !!! no matter what....cos its my home ground too

plenty CHEERS to u yr gangs as well as to all softies for the coming
festive season

phil

hey ERIC

great works... your efforts will b acknowledged..
hope n best wishes for your good n successful SHOW with
the many musicians u made available. then maybe progress
to the other main halls in the CC for a better show in near future.
[so u can cater to the crowd which i m certain will fill Chocolate
easy]

sure to b there !!! no matter what....cos its my home ground too

plenty CHEERS to u yr gangs as well as to all softies for the coming
festive season

phil

Hello.ooo there….. my Bro Phil (bandleader of Sloopyblue Band at TMC)…Thank You so much for your kind support here in our coming next week 19th Halo Halo Special Gig…

Honestly the Effort in getting this 19th Gig is really by no means (my Effort Alone) It’s really a “Team Effort” here….. besides TCC, TMC & Chocolate Bar (who had kindly offer us the Venue to make this event possible) - - and Soft Music here where we try to get this thing going ….

It was also – All The Band Members of “Retribution Movements” (that is – All The Bands that will be playing on this 19th Dec Halo Halo Gig)…….and ….Special Thanks have to be given to Chris of Elements/TnT here, and Kit (who had brought all these Bands together) … and Charles (who is the one who Design this Beautiful Poster we all sees here) - - It’s really Everyone’s Effort here – that had made all these possible……and it’s wonderful – working as a Team Altogether.

Yes this is the 1st Get-Together for a Tribute (with so many bands) altogether here, and I think there are Plans ahead for next year 2010 already that “Retribution Movements” will be having a larger Concert (expecting about 500 or more)….and had already spoken to Andrew here - -- to get the most appropriate Hall.

PS:- and … great job too you and your Band..doing great not only at TMC but also at Crazy Elephants….Bravo and keep it up, you guys are great too.

Cheers ! Bro and thanks !

Last edited:
Latest Update Today :- 11th Dec 2009

The 19 Bands Line-Up representing “Retribution Movements” (*** New Band) and The Tribute Single Song List here – for Francis Magalona: (one out of other songs to be played by each band on the - 19th Dec Halo Halo Special Gig at Chocolate Bar ) .

PS: - The below listing is compiled by (Kit)

The Reduntdants – MERON AKONG ANO
The Hero Dies - PALISTUHAN
Pariah – GIRL BE MINE
xGF – SUPER PROXY
Lupa and the Superstars – ITO ANG GUSTO KO
Dead Macoys – PIKON NA FUNKY MONKEY
Mental Floss – PUSO NG SIGA
TNT – BAW WAW WAW
Elements - 3 STARS AND A SUN
Incise- WAG KANG TUMAWA
Project 7 – COLD SUMMER NIGHTS
Quiverpool – HIGANTE
Mamborats – KABATAAN PARA SA KINABUKASAN
Sporadicus – AYOKO SA DILIM
TORTAH!PEN N INK
Sir Obetzki -
Cube – KALEIDOSCOPE WORLD
JamNet - LAB SONG
Turbulence - BAHAY YUGYUGAN ***

Last edited:
AA ) Band Sequence and Schedule Time Slot for – 19th Francis Magalona Tribute / Pre Christmas Party & Get-Together Gig At Chocolate Bar

3:00 – 3:30 – Introduction Chorva
3:30 – 3:55 – 1st - Turbulence - Rock
3:55 – 4:20 – 2nd - JamNet - Pop
4:20 – 4:45 – 3rd - Elements - Rock
4;45 – 5:10 – 4th - Quiverpool - Rock
5:10 – 5:35 – 5th - Project 7 - Jazz
5:35 – 6:00 – 6th - Incise - Rock
6:00 – 6:25 – 7th - The Redundandts - Rock
6:25 – 6:50 – 8th - Sporadicus - Rock
6;50 – 7:15 – 9th - Pariah – World Music
7:15 – 7:40 – 10th - Cube - RnB
7:40 – 8:05 – 11th - Lupa and the Superstars - Reggae/Ska
8:05 – 8:30 – 12th - Dead Macoys - Punk
8:30 – 8:55 – 13th - Mental Floss - Rock
8:55 – 9:20 – 14th - xGF - Pop Rock
9:20 – 9:45 – 15th - Mamborats - Funk
9:45 – 10:10 – 16th - The Hero Dies - Rock
10:10 – 10:35 – 17th - TNT - Rock
10:35 – 11:00 – 18th - Obetski - Guitar Solo
11:00 – 12:00 - Open Jam / End

( AA ) Francis Magalona – Design Tees (By Francis himself is made available at this Tribute – 19th at the Chocolate Bar)
here are all the available designs by Francis himself.

FMCC1.jpeg
fmcc1.jpg

FMCC2.jpeg
fmcc2.jpg

FMCC3.jpeg
fmcc3.jpg

FMCC1.jpg
from top to bottom

saranggola, i red pinas with red bling (ladies), i red pinas
LS3 black with orange baldheaded bling, Listo-MIC brown, Micropono Maroon
MIC bling black, Vinta, Pride

FMCC2.jpg
from top to bottom

filipina since birth (ladies), cancer philippines black, cancer philippines white
linear white, linear black
half-tone black (ladies), renaissance black, defender white
defender black, black button-down polo, ringer navy blue

FMCC3.jpg
from top to bottom

ringer green (ladies), one love black, one love white
side ways 3 stars white, 3stars black, pixelized map, super proxy white, filipino
proxy black

It's Tomorrow ! - Wow.wwwwwwwwww

Hi all - hoping to see you all in this Tribute Gig To Francis Magalona, and Pre-Christmas Get-Together " Halo Halo Special Gig "...

Should you need any assistance - on how to get there - Call me at 97989977 (Eric Here).

Warmest Regards - see Ya All !

You guys are terrific in making this big event possible. It's not really easy to organise events like this w/o the help fm others. Teamwork is the word as stated by RudimentalDrummer.

I hope you guys will organise more of such events & make our local music alive! Bravo Guys!

You guys are terrific in making this big event possible. It's not really easy to organise events like this w/o the help fm others. Teamwork is the word as stated by RudimentalDrummer.

I hope you guys will organise more of such events & make our local music alive! Bravo Guys!

Thank you so much Bro ZachDrummer - do join us tomorrow if you can make it...love to see you and meet you there...

You're right here - - It's Teamwork for sure - that not only makes this Events as successful as it could be hopefully - and (All Others in the future for 2010) - but most importantly - It makes it so much more Meaningful to all of us ... in Retribution Movements here.

Hope o see you Bro - and Thank you so much for your kind words.

Some Pics Taken On 19th Dec - Halo Halo Special Gig - for Retribution Movements with my HP Camera N97 (either Overly Expose or Under Expose) - - Kindly excuse my Lousy PhotoTaking here.

Do Enjoy:-

RATING: - VERY VERY SUCCESSFUL EVENT - The Bands were great, the Music were Great, The People MOst Of All - Were Really Great .... To sum up - Everything Was Just Great in the Management Of This Event here - - -

This is only the BEGINNING - - There will be MORE, BIGGER, EXCITING EVENTS COMMING UP - comes - Year 2010 .... Keep Moving - Retribution Movements ..... You have our Utmost Support here.

19122009097.jpg

19122009098.jpg

19122009099.jpg

19122009100.jpg

Last edited:
Back