Recording Mixer w/ firewire [HELP ME!]

xxrevilexx

Hey guys, does anyone noe of a firewire mixer that is able to record live 16 channels at one go? one mixer only without the hassle of many other small mixer... haha!! thanks...

include where they can be found and the price thanks!

Mackie is just about to launch a whole new series of analog mixers with a firewire port, which can be used as a front end for ProTools LE... :p

thanks!... but how much is it in singapore? it supports the common DAW softwares? like cubase? logic studio? talking about the Presonus ??

and also can i just plug in directly from electric guitar electric bass drum mics to the mixer? is it safe?

Last edited:
hmmm... oh ya... if i get a presonus live for 16 channels? what else will i need to keep safe? incase of power surge and stuffs? and also can i directly plug in instruments into the mixer? do i need things like feedback killer, pre amp and stuff? i dont really noe what are they for just saw them... while i think pre amp are to help boost the sound?

Intended for live studio recording, with a band setup of 7.

Inputs:
-3 vox
-2 e guitar
-1 acc guitar
-1 bass guitar
-2 keyboard/synthesizer
-7 acc drum line-ins(5 tom mics , 2 condenser)

?? haha thanks for reply...

so can i plug in the equipment directly into the mixer? or will it overload or destroy the mixer? haha... example like electric,bass,accoustic guitar directly into the mixer... drum mics and vocals too... do i need a DI? what does the DI box do? i see it on stage before...

so can i plug in the equipment directly into the mixer? or will it overload or destroy the mixer? haha... example like electric,bass,accoustic guitar directly into the mixer... drum mics and vocals too... do i need a DI? what does the DI box do? i see it on stage before...

hey bro ..check out the new onyx i series from mackie.... chad the mackie guy...... www.mackie.com

Back