recommend me a wah pedal.

teleplayer

Okay, I have a vox v847. the one from citymusic. I don't quite like it in drive... so I was thinking of the following...

1. Mod the pedal and add some more knobs like the gain, the range, sweep etc.
2. buy one more new wah.

I was considering the dunlop 535q.. or maybe the zakk wylde wah.. I prefer to wah in drive... I was also considering RMC2 or maybe the artec dual mode power wah. not really interested in the buddha wah... the purple colour turned me off. and the ernie ball wah too..

can someone advise me? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Why don't you go try them out instead of asking for opinions here?
Take a walk around city hall area, I'm sure you'll find something you like.

Only you know the tone you're looking for. Try out a few, give your thoughts about it, then report back here to tell us what you like and don't like. Then we can try to narrow down your options.

Hey sorry to hijack your thread, but have you tried the vox wahs?
I'm considering getting a wah too. Heh.

Now we've got something to work with.

Well, since you already have a vox wah, why don't you get it modded by goose?

He did one for Ized? I think, and he seemed to like the wah characteristics when having a dirty tone.

The crybaby classic GCB-95F is pretty good in dirty as well, but this is just my tastes.

i'd get this:
http://area51tubeaudiodesigns.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=001&Product_Code=viwkdropin&Category_Code=cat002
viwk_4_08_lg.jpg

How is it possible to screw up?
You just remove all the screws in the existing pedal.

Remove all nuts for the input/output/switch.

Take the electronics out lock stock and barrel and retrofit the one you bought into it since its preassembled.

I see, its a pity cause I'm sure many people want the mod.

Fulltone Clyde is rather sweet.

Another choice is the Buddha which doesnt appeal to me for the price. Not really worth the money to me.

Im currently using the ZW crybaby but thats cause it works for me, gonna replace it with the drop in one dudelove posted in abt a months time.

In general, crybabys handle dirt ( Distortion ) better than voxes. I used to own a 847 as well and that thing appears to suck tone a little. These are of course based on my own ears,

BTW goose no longer does mods as he has his list of 7th heavens to produce and his other commitments. If youre looking for a mod to your own specific specs on your wah you can always bring this up to seekz who can be found at www.soundalchemy.com.sg.. Installation of LED + Truebypass also can be done by him

Price wise i would say he charges reasonable prices too. Contact him for a quote.

On a side note if you do somehow manage to come across a Vox 848 Clyde Mccoy wah Grab it immediately. A discontinued and great wah imo.

Even if you dont like it you should be able to collect a sum of cash from selling it.

Last edited:
the first generation of Buddas are actually fantastic. And the colour shouldt stop you in my humble opinion. I have a green guitar and purple shoes, and that works in my favour always =]

And I have a Blonde Tele =]

Don't have to baulk from the perceived femininity, your playing a guitar man, thats macho.

Again IMHO =]

Area 51 wah dude. Thats the way to go.

Back