Recommend me a distortion

danial

hey softies, anyone can recommend me a distortion pedal not for hardcore type but just rock like that , my budget like 100+ or - la , thanks :D

Go down to Ebenex music, try the Guyatone OD-2. Its the micro series.

Around $100. Less than that.

VERY impressive. And for an ic chip based pedal... hehehe... its hard to impress me.

I'd suggest you start off with something like the SD-1 super overdrive, it's very versatile, and can take you from almost zero dirt mild overdrive to heavy overdrive. Plus, SD-1, etc are easily available. The DS distortion pedals can't function that way - it's medium distortion to heavy distort on them.

These are stock pedals I'm talking about, not modded ones. Randolf can mod anything to sound like anything else and nothing else :)

perhaps u can try behringer dm-100. i use that. it is quite cheap, but if you are looking for a good quality, try boss dude

danial said:
how much is it eh ? does it work good on a ibanez gax 70 ?
you should be asking if it works with your amp. Guitar wont affect it the extent your amp will.

Few cheap distortions to try

ds1
jackhammer
the distortion plus.
pro co rat.

personally if i had to choose from those a more generic distortion i would go for the mxr plus. The rat is very good but has its own thing going. for that money i would stay clear of the ds1 and the jackhammer.

had a jackhammer as my first pedal it was too boomy in distortion mode in overdrive mode it was usuable, it has quite a bit of gain would carry you into distortion without much prob.

i used to own the dan fab od. was capable of only mild od. was irritated as i had to turn the gain on it to full so as to get the soud that i wanted. not a versatile pedal in my book. kinda reflects on the price too

sd1 is a med overdrive can go from light to med. the overdrive maxes out at around 12 oclock after that it sort of saturates. works good with tube amps.

sounds better with hums than single coils to me.
still have my sd1 nice little pedal.

i havent gotten my fab od, but it seems to me like a very mild, low gain overdrive. i kinda like it.

i got a sd1 modded to 808 chip, and i think it sounds good. got the warm OD sound.

for rock! don't get an Fab OD....serious...more for blues and soft rock with no *chugga*

chugga prince = DIME DISTORTION!!! :p and.......

YOU CAN NEVER GO WRONG WITH METAL ZONE!!
it really is good...learn to tweak it,and u'll be sounding great...its very versatile too..chugga king

bro..i play rock..
and im using the ramstein distortion available at davids..
very versatile..ought it for $120..
now goT new series of ramstein..the much much more improved version..

Back