Recommend me a digital piano under 1k?

reddeadeye

Hi I'm thinking of getting a entry level digital piano for my room, the cheaper the better haha.

Am only getting it for playing piano songs so there's extra emphasis on the sound and feel. Extra features aren't really a necessity for me. Thanks!

I think you better off by upping your price abit goes for the DGX-650 (the newest model) at around SGD$ 1.4K else you need to up a little by SGD$ 150 and goes for the P-105 or the YDP-S31 (now clearing out stock), all are weighted 88key.

For used set, weighted 88key digital piano (DGX-630, DGX-640, P-95, P105) can be bought for less than SGD$ 1K. You can search around web for these used set.

Ensemble piano (DGX-630,DGX-640, DGX-650) has built in accompaniement rhythm so you can play it as a keyboard (left hand auto-chord plus right hand melody) else just use the beat (auto -accompy turn off) and you play both hand piano with the drum beat it is also fun.

I personally favor buying 2nd hand used set as the saving$$$ is quite a lot if you not looking for the newest model.

For that price, consider the Casio Privia series. They are quite decent for the price.

If extra features are not needed, then these are some models below $1k you can consider
- Yamaha P35, P105 (slightly above $1k)
- KORG SP170DX
- Casio CDP 120, PX150

I would recommend Roland f-20. Sweelee is selling at $1099. Personally I find it has the closest feel to an acoustic piano for that price.

Back