Recommend cymbals pls?

pacifusion

Hi Cymbal pros out there! =D
trying to Slowly build up my kit,
I'm playing at home so I wish to find cymbals that roughly fits the following criteria:

1. Not too loud (matching with my soft sounding kit)
2. Quick Decay (not too much ring)
3. Budget (I'm a student, hope to get second hand ones if new ones are too ex)
4. Not too bad sounding

I'm still using pearl stock hihat currently, could'nt stand the crash-ride so took a premier stock hihat top from school orchestra =x sounds real bad.

What would you guys recommend?

I'm looking for
1. hihats (14")
2. one crash (preferably 16" or below)
3. and ride (any)
mix of brands is alright, just want recommendations

would be easier if you stated your budget, even a rough estimate would be good.

volume of the cymbal would depend on your stick control and how hard you hit, amongst many other factors; so you determine how loud your cymbal will be.

to start you off:
http://soft.com.sg/forum/drums-buy-sell/52696-wts-15-k-dark-thin-crash.html

http://soft.com.sg/forum/drums-buy-sell/50982-wts-16-istanbul-mehmet-med-thin-crash.html

drop by Music Lab, them turkeys are hot and value-for-money. your best bet would be turkish-made cymbals, i guess.

whoos keep em coming,
weckl the vids are really helpful.
i actually tried the turkishs' but dint like em..

Get a value for money box set. I got myself a zildjian zbt back then, still using the crash right now.

wekl-x: sorry if im slightly off topic, but do u know the general price of a paist PST 5 set? because i absolutely LOVE cobus' cymbal sounds..

tim098 - Ranking is bringing in the Alpha series which ranks one level above PST 5. Great looks and sound. It will be in 2 months time. Do wait if you can.

thanks drum hobbyist! I ll definitely check out when its out in ranking. And thanks for the 502 series heads up, i was looking for one particular crash.. haha

People asking about the price of Paistes, you can call Ranking Music (official SG distri) to check. They're very friendly people :)

Ranking Sports & Music
231 Bain Street #03-49
Bras Basah Complex
Singapore 180231

Tel : 6336-7887

wow. i've been waiting for the new alphas to come in for so long. just asking ah, anyone have the old series alpha hi-hats? i fell in love with them awhile back, but was stupid enough to let the opertunity slip.

Yup... i have the old series. Ranking is bringing in the Sound Edge 14" Hi-hats. I will be adding from the new alphas 14" medium crash, 15" and 17" sensitive chinas from this coming shipment. Will be getting the 21" groove ride and 12" hi-hat when Ranking makes another order again.

P9010095.jpg

Back