Rash of Fenders at BBC and Good Prices too

betsybug

Seems like suddenly there're lots of Fenders at good prices at Bras Basah Complex:

1. Swee Lee announced arrival of Fender electrics (quite a few models) at reduced prices. See: New Fender Arrivals at Swee Lee

2. Ranking has a whole side of their window display with some really nice Fender models. The prices (at least the J5 Tele I asked them about) seem to be fairly close to musicianfriend's (of course with shipping added). Mix of MIAs, CIJs, and MIMs. One Highway One too. Alas, only single pieces available.

Seems like a good time to pick up a Fender.

Seems like the Fender side of things are getting lighter on the pocket but Gibson's side is getting heavy. Seems the case for even the vintage market?

Yeah, agree with you, SC. Can it be attributed to market share (worldwide and SG)? I think we should have more people parallel-import and give us access to better-priced gear, but I guess this is an oft-given opinion. :)

The cherry burst HSS American Standard looks good. A tort pickguard with SSS config will be good though!

Dont forget Blackwood guitars too, really nice custom shop pieces at reasonable prices as well....great bang for buck....especially for collectors....

Fenders

Thanks Ized.

Yes, its becoming very competitive indeed.

Gibsons, well - its harder to get hold of 'cheap' stock, especially with the recent price hike in March.

Back