Push Pull pot on S series ibanez

popeye said:
is it feasible?

For the vol. pot yes.

For the tone pot, you wouldn't have clearence over the cavity cover, you would have the pushpull pot pushing against it... it can be closed but there will be a gap there.

Oh, and note the clearance for the trem arm when the pushpull pot is pulled out.

For mine, the vol. pot (if its a pushpull) will get in the way of my trem arm.

For the tone pot, you wouldn't have clearence over the cavity cover, you would have the pushpull pot pushing against it... it can be closed but there will be a gap there.

I have no experience so just yakking....but doesn't JS series have push/pull?? Isn't that same body as S series??

Well, the shape is similar, but the wood is different. Also the setup is different too. The JS is 2 humbucker with push-pull knobs to coil tap n select the humbuckers.

The S series comes with SSH or HSH, not sure if they have HH setup. But they use the standard 5 way slide switch for pup selection.

Adding a push pull to the S series will increase the pup choice possibilities. Coil tap, or use both Humbuckers at the same time like a LP. N others like wiring in parallel or series or both.. etc

The JS guitar (or Radius back then) is similiar to the S series but the S is much thinner.

If you intent to put a pushpull on your S series, I would suggest that you think carefully, what you intend the pushpull to do because the ibanez wiring caters to split coil and parallel settings already.

I intend to install a pushpull on my RG. Is the cavity deep enough? Also, will the trem arm on my Edge Pro clear the top?

BlackMoo said:
I intend to install a pushpull on my RG. Is the cavity deep enough? Also, will the trem arm on my Edge Pro clear the top?

Well, I would advise you to hold your horses first... you wanted to change pups... better do so first, then play ard with that for some time...

Back