Punk Rock Discussion Thread

recklessnick

how many people here listen to punk rock. as in, real punk rock, hardcore, straight edge or whatever, what punkrock bands are you into now

AFI, starting to become a fan of bad religion lol :D

but still, AFI is my fave so far! :D

um..

I dont know whats punk and whats not.

danzig and misfits are pretty cool.

like the clash aswell

ohoh, frenzal rhomb are awesome..

iggy pop/ the stooges

They're my favourite :D

there's punk pop that tries to pose as punk rock. posers... not even poseurs. posers. pop punk is not tr00. :lol: (nobody kill me please.)

Nah I don't expect that to happen. But seriously maybe we should be nicer to each other. like in general music preference - making jokes is one thing, slamming is another

omg why i become so serious

Bad religion...Bad religion....BAD RELIGION!!!! against the corporate scum babeh!!!

and yeah,remember all ye punk rockers...ye all owe it to the great 3 power chord master Kurdt Cobain...

and dun get me wrong...i like Bad religion,but never was a hardcore fan of punk ;)

i hate pop-punk though...which is quite different from the actual punk and stuff...pop-punk = whiny bitches like Billie Joe with a tie(he should hang himself with that)

Punk Rock = angry youth that never served NS and go round saying they want to fight the government.. :twisted:

sleepykitty said:
^^ u forgot to add.. after getting famous, date a hot actress, band break up.. then they die

lmao, ramones?

ok, misfits and ramones are my favourite. i also like street/hardcore punk bands like casualties, the unseen, dead kennedys, black flag, the exploited and stuff.

anyone heard of kid dynamite?

nitrovo said:
iggy pop/ the stooges

They're my favourite :D

^^ saw them at Reading festival last year. they're great! Iggy is a wild man. jumped down to the barriers and i got to touch a legend. he cut his chest on the metal barrier coz fans were pulling him into the crowd but he climbed back up and finished the entire set bleeding. awesome.

frenzal rhomb are cool too. they actually replied to email and all we said was we liked their haircut, lol

i'm really not into the whole 'Oi Oi' punk thing. i guess that's what most ppl define as 'real' punk. whatever. i like melodic punk, NOFX, Strung Out, Lagwagon, No Use For A Name, Propoghandi etc. but NOFX just beats all. caught them at Reading too last year. i just cannot see this band live enough times. it's always, always a great show they put on. they're one of the bands i'd do anything to see live again. i also like the crossover stuff like G.B.H. & D.R.I.

The Misfits,Michale Graves was the bomb!and Doyle Wolfgang von Frankenstein's style is iconic,no doubt about it.Oh yeah,AFI too even though Decemberunderground disappointed me.They even did a cover of The Misfits Halloween once,and it was really done well,to say the least

Back