Pull Me Under (ENGL and Dream Theater content)

gargamelesp

Hi guys!!! Finally got round to doing my first recording of my new amp.

Feel free to check it out and leave comments! Thanks!!

:)

Ive re-recorded the clip making it way less boomy and theres no clipping plus i double tracked it!! If you havent checked it out, please do. If you have, please do again! :) :) :)

http://www.mp3lizard.com/download.cfm?id=25203

Last edited:
ur teasing me eh???
hehe dunno when im getting the powerball...maybe next yr?
im going the ADA mp1, Rocktron chameleon, or maybe the Line6 spider valve..

come next yr perhaps im getting the Engl..any news from Giles?

hmm like the tone...only one comments ,
rerecord this once u set up the Gmajor...

that sounds great! nice dry crunch..what channel and what recording chain did you use? its a little boomy on the fast muted parts though and the backing track bass is too loud/boomy too.. turn up those guitars in the mix dude! ;)

ENGL sia..

Your neighbours dun complain? hahah! jkjk.
It wud be a dream of mine to play thru an ENGL amp.

ed: thanks for checking it out man!

pengiun: the powerball is a crazy amp too, even more brutal than the invader i think. once i get my cables, i shld have a little bit of delay and reverb built it, its a very raw tone now

unsane: i was using channel 3. i probably placed the mic too close to the cone so too much bass was captured. i

my chain was gibson custom -- amp -- sm57 -- firewire solo no effects at all
the backing track i had is very very bassy, wish i knew how to make it less so

xypher: so far they have been understanding! i semi cranked the amp up to record this but no complaints yet!

crozz: thanks man! the gain was only at 12 noon!

What cab r u using? How does it handle classic rock? Heard its too dark-ish...Wonder if its true. :S

im using a mesa vertical 2x12 with v30s. The amp is really versatile. I can get gnr likish sort of tones, but i havent messed around with the settings that much yet. v30's are actually supposed to brighter plus el34's certainly make this amp a little brighter than the typical engls

nice sound man! i wonder how much that amp cost u. the clapping at the end was funny :) as for the song, erm, try to be a little more accurate? haha.

Back