PRS SE singlecut from NAMM

almondx

For those interested in the upcoming PRS singlecut se, here's a pic:
sesinglecut.jpg

bin4christ said:
i thot the selector wud be on top,like les pauls...

Better not, sekali a certain company try and sue them for "copyrights" on the loocation of the pickup selector too... :roll:

PRS singlecut and PRS Tremonti are two different guitars. I think the Tremonti got launched earlier, and Gibson tried to stop the production of ALL singlecuts after the PRS Singlecut got launched

oh...i thot i saw ashlee simpson's guitarist use it in the pieces of me vid n some gigs(*i am NOT an ashlee fan,juz wanna clarify some things :) )

Just to sidetrack... musicians who play for pop starlets/stars/clowns, are usually really excellent musicians, just that, its abt earning a living.

Look at John5 in Marilyn Manson's band, then check out his solo albums.

Or look at Micheal Jackson's axemen, and axe-woman, Jennifer Batten.

Then again... PRS does appeal to the current guitar generation... their endorsement list tells it too... :D

based on the picture, that looks to be one of the most horrible placements for a pickup selector i've ever seen... could be different in real life though.

the PRS pickup selector has always been in the knob area position. in fact, in the Gibson vs PRS litigation, this placement feature has been a mitigating factor which differentiates the singlecut from an LP.

yup- veneer. no contribution to tone, all contributions to looks. 8) it's a very nice guitar to own, nevertheless. might get it- after trying of course...

hey sub.....how come the fret looks huge....is it to make fingering better?or just to appeal on physical looks?and what is their default pickup?

think its the lighting shining down on the frets....

anyways does not, imho, look like a gibson lp to me. think gibson was being damn kancheong

Re: ..

Lifehouse said:
There's a real maple cap below the veneer.

True, i feel this shud be uapplied by other brands too, many times we pay more for the comestics of maple rather than the value of the tone it brings.

Re: ..

Lifehouse said:
There's a real maple cap below the veneer.

according to PRS, the SE series of guitars were incarnated not to reproduce the standard PRS features, hence we see differentiated specs from these units eg: the first SE singlecut were p-90 equipped/ Santana versions were not Santana in outline/ Tremonti SE no maple cap/ etc. the SE Singlecut Custom here should not have a maple cap, just a veneer top, but until there's an owner here to verify that, we won't know for sure. i'm taking PRS' word for it.

Back