Protools DIGI 003 Rack is out !!!!

looks impressive but its the same as 002. I WAS LIKE IN THE WEBSITE 5 MINUTES AGO and nothing loads :(

den 5 minutes later i saw it awww. but you got to compliment its new design far better than 002. : ) but i sort of finds it rather similar to the new mackie universal control huh i guess. titanium seems to be the colour now lols.

not much of a hardware specs change, well i guess more controls are added though. looks cool and its expensive. maybe m-audio would come out one to replace its control surface too?

hahas lets wait! why isnt it announce on the NAMM, but seeing the huge push for selling the 002 during the NAMM one should know : )

I agree, DIGI is loosing its charm however after they start making it in PRC...

None of the DIGI LE's Hardware has been as sturdy as 001...

But I am waiting to see if 002 is scrapped off or priced lower than 003 now... :roll:

wow! that's something to look forward to !

I regretted buying the 002 rack instead of the Factory,
would consider but need to read the specs first.

:smt043

I'm more into the 003 factory intergrated control surface. But very disappointed. Still only have 4 mic-pres. Good side is, it has got 4 instruments inputs. A little more controls than M-audio ProjectMix I/O. But definitely way more controls than 002. Still no surround capability.

Both ProjectMix and 003Factory have got pros n cons. ProjectMix has got 8 mic-pres but only one instruments input. 003 though got only 4 mic-pres, but have got 4 instruments inputs.
Though 003 have got a little more controls over ProjectMix, but 003 can only be use with ProTools, while ProjectMix can be use with not only ProTools, but many other major DAWs.
Other things that 003 have that Projectmix does not, are 003 has got LED level meters on each channel, have the capability to link up to four 003 together via high-speed firewire, Alternate monitors output, a plug-ins button to switch controls between plug-ins or channels, as well as a automation controls section on the surface itself.

The only I like about 003 over ProjectMix is the more expensive outlook of 003.

Lastly, and of course, 003factory ships with ProTools LE with bundled plug-ins at a more expensive price than Projectmix. M-audio Projectmix I/O is much cheaper than 003 with comparable controls, and ability to control other softwares, but yet, can only use with ProTools M-powered which is sold seperately, and bundled plug-ins are sold seperately too.

Overall, there are Pros and Cons between both. If you have money and want more controls but willing to stuck only to PT, then get 003. If you are in tight budget, and want more mic-pres with reasonable controls, and don't wanna stuck only within PT, then ProjectMix is the choice.

Finally, since this tread is about 003, I would say, quite disappointed with 003. Expected more than this. But understandable that if it goes beyond this, 003 will cost more expensive and unaffordable by the home-studios.

Pls add on more comments. Thanks.

I kinda lost touch with the entire Protools stuff.

Can both Project Mix I/O and 003 hook up to existing soundcard on the computer? (M-Audio)

Kinda sad that 003 is firmly only for Protools :( Anyone know the pricing for Project Mix?

sinamax its at 2200 around that range, no bundle software or anything.

if i am not wrong the 003 lets you link ups with external AI too. apparently i once saw a 002 rack being link up to apoggee ensemble that is used to work with logic.

i would buy the 003 instead of the mix I/O as if you were to want to upgrade a protools system later the 003 allows you to offset some of the pricing but i dont think the mix I/O does that : )

I'm also running pro-tools but only ver6.4 !?

Can anybody inform how much is the PTver7.3 ?
is it better to buy a new 7.3 version or a upgrade to ver7.3 ?

I do have some other questions on my mind,
will the new Digi003 runs new ProTools version
which the Digi002 cannot run ?

my friend upgrade 7.1 to 7.3 for like a 100 bucks? its always better to upgrade. a new one will be much more expensive unless you are bundling it with the new 003?

003 of course could run the latest protools, ITS THE LATEST!! well but why wouldnt 002 run 7.3? IT SHOULD theortically. : )

hey ZENGUANG, thank you for the info.

my current version is 2 years old ver6.4.
but can this be upgraded to ver7.3 ???

I think I shld rephrase my other question -

The new DIGI003 runs the latest version
of ProTools when launched,

can this latest version from DIGI003 be run
on DIGI002 ???

after DIGI002 was released, the DIGI001 can
only runs up til ver6.4.

I foresee such problems, so wondering shld I
be catching up the gear rat race ???

actually wads the point of constantly upgrading your gear when ure comfortable with your current one and the new features are of almost no use to you? unless they are very critical in ur work flow =x. i would like to always stay away from the latest because the not so old = stable = bug free 8) :D

I just want to optimize my gear
it is able to upgrade to latest
version. that's all

whenever or whatever consideration
there may be, it's still requires
consideration ?!

Digidesign 003 16/03/2007
(Computer Recording System)
Digidesign announce replacement for popular 002 interfaces

http://www.soundonsound.com/news?NewsID=8955

003.jpg

I'm sure 7.3 might have some interesting features, but agree that to always have to upgrade is a waste of money. I think 7.3 can also run on 002? Not sure. Still waiting for my 003 mixer to come in ........ (hands rubbing in scheming way) hehe 8)

actually my main concern is should I wait to upgrade to 003 factory for the latest version of Pro Tools

or upgrade to current version
and not upgrade to 002 ?

will the future 003 runs upgrade version, eg ver.8
where 002 cannot run ???

well for now i will think you should just get 003 with the control surface .

firstly protools bundle plug ins are nothing special and it will just be a waste of precious HD spaces, trust me , it aint all that great you can do without it : ) and its better to do without it.

well 002 dont support the current version of protools? i am surprise to hear that. well buy the best and dont settle for the second best , use the up to date equiment, every month set aside maybe 10 percent of your salary just in case for future upgrades : ) thats how i feel. and i am sure digidesign will help you save if you trade in your 003 CS in future eh . : )

Code:
Pro Tools is criticized for its lack of support for musical notation. However in 2006, Avid acquired Sibelius music notation software company. Pro Tools 7.3 supports exporting to Sibelius.
looks like I need to upgrade to PT-7.3.1, I like notation.

Back