Problem with velcro?

heyho

Hi all.

I have a SKB Pedal Board, the one in the softcase, not too sure which model it is. However, I have some pedals that I use velcro to hold them down, like every other pedal. The problem I have is not keeping the velcro to the board, but the velcro to the damn pedal!

Its not like my velcro is not sticky enough.. I have tried many different kinds...
Does anyone have this problem? What is your solution!

Thanks!

i normally use the 3M double sided tape ..to stick the velcro to my pedal....its costs around 7 bucks or something, the tabs are red in colour but the tape is clear and transparent and pretty thick.

It seems to last and its quite strong, can get from any neighbourhood shop or somewhere, quite easy to find. :D :D

It could also be the surface you are trying to stick the velcro onto on the pedal...if its a rubber surface then it will be harder to stick....u gotta find the sweet spot....HAHAH

:D :D

snuffleupagus said:
i normally use the 3M double sided tape ..to stick the velcro to my pedal....its costs around 7 bucks or something, the tabs are red in colour but the tape is clear and transparent and pretty thick.

It seems to last and its quite strong, can get from any neighbourhood shop or somewhere, quite easy to find. :D :D

It could also be the surface you are trying to stick the velcro onto on the pedal...if its a rubber surface then it will be harder to stick....u gotta find the sweet spot....HAHAH

:D :D

Meaning to say you do it this way:

board -> velcro strip -> 3m tape -> pedal?

yeah my board is carpetted...i use the 3 m tape to stick the velcro strips onto my pedal....and paste the pedal with the velcro strips onto the carpet of the board.

let me intro u to the Velcro Brand Industrial Strength Velcro.

Can get from homefix sells for abt 4 bucks per feet. Bloody hell strong and the sticky side is sticky enough. i can lift my pedalboard up by lift one pedal thats velcroed to the board. But mine is mrmisse one. The Velcro industrail strength one loves the board.

ciel21 said:
let me intro u to the Velcro Brand Industrial Strength Velcro.

Can get from homefix sells for abt 4 bucks per feet. Bloody hell strong and the sticky side is sticky enough. i can lift my pedalboard up by lift one pedal thats velcroed to the board. But mine is mrmisse one. The Velcro industrail strength one loves the board.

haha okay cool, will chenqui.
:)

well some1 taught me 2 use sponge sheet and i still think its a brilliant idea! no messy velco...

Gr3y said:
well some1 taught me 2 use sponge sheet and i still think its a brilliant idea! no messy velco...

yeah thats great, i'm doing that too... good for keeping them in place when u transport the board. but i'm having a little problem with the pedals getting kicked outta place when in use.... no biggie, just makes it a bit messy that's all

MrE said:
hey snuff, where did you get the carpet for your board? i'm thinking of doing that

ok i'm abt to answer my own question...

in case anyone else is looking to carpet their pedal boards, i found a great piece of carpet measuring 40x60cm (just slightly bigger than the average pedal board). i got it for just $1.50 from IKEA today, works great with velcro

Back