problem with 16th note bass drum variations

darkdraggy

hi im having problem with my 16th note bass drum patterns. for example creep by radio head the bass pattern is
o oo o i keep missing the double hit or the second hit is weak. any tips on how to improve?? thanks

heel up, i try to do a double hit. but it ends up getting stiff and registers 1 hit or a second faint hit. hope you know what i mean

U might need more practice on ur bass technique. Do it slow to see if u can produce a consistent hit with the same strength. Or it could be ur pedal being too loose. I tried loose pedals before and they are a pain to use. Are u learning under anyone? If so, consult ur instructor.

if i am not wrong, the 16th note bass is at (2 e) AND A, for me i use tapslide technique, but the song isnt a fast song, u could just hit it twice in a row heels up, thats how it work for me :)

if i am not wrong, the 16th note bass is at (2 e) AND A, for me i use tapslide technique, but the song isnt a fast song, u could just hit it twice in a row heels up, thats how it work for me :)

+1 to this. That was what I'm thinking when I'm reading this.

I faced the same problem when trying out this piece last week. It took awhile to get it consistent and correct. True to what they say, practise makes perfect! :)

Btw, cool song to jam @ the studio

Back