Pro Tools Certification Courses?

Would you opt to get yourself certified on Pro Tools, if these certification courses were made avail

• Total voters

Enjaykayb

Would you opt to get yourself certified on Pro Tools and / or Logic software, if these certification courses were made available to you, in Singapore?

Why yes?? A "No" for me. Coz you don't need a cert. to prove that you know ProTools. Moreover, no one in the industry even bothers about whether you have a cert. in Audio or ProTools. Hence, I don't see a need in it.

It will help you to look for a job in, say, a trainer or a teacher in some audio or music school or course, perhaps? Pro Tools seems to be the standard DAW application in most of the sound education institutions. Hard pressed to find one that teaches using SONAR or Cubase or other similar DAWs.

Besides, you never know what new things you can learn from these course, even IF you know ProTools pretty darn well already.

Apart from that, experience and personal know-hows will carry you through. In those cases, the experience you have over what DAW matters less. All that matters is the end product.

its more than certification

certification of pro tools is just an icing on a cake..doesnt mean you know pro tools u know basic sound engineering concepts. itll be useless if you dunt even know basic singal flow concepts and miking techniques. Also theres only how far you can go by being self thaught. I suggest if you are really passionate about sound engineering get a certification from some of the courses that are offered in our local schools, ranging from polytechnics to the SAE.In the end its not only about chasing the paper certification that matters, but enriching oneself with knowledge and proper guidance will definately put u ahead. Theres no such thing as a waste of money if your chasing your passion and knowledge and thus my verdict is going for a short course in pro tools is a TWO thumbs UP. and do consider following up by taking professional courses after that.

hey there...2centsworth..
i studied in SAE Melbourne not because SAE SG wasnt good enuf..hmm..but because over there I felt like there are better emphasis on audio..what being taught by peeps who did works fer many wellknown acts...live,studio,film..all sorts. Did work in many studio setups and almost all powered by PT. did Cubase as well. Even did live recordings with PT. so i guess its kinda worth it if one can really sink their teeth into the industry standard. Even some of the guys I dealt with, with years of experience admitted to not ever doin certain functions or aware of some available things that can be performed. Having said that...from takin up that cert..we mite b able to learn more stuff faster than self teachin ourselves, which can be handy at times. I'm not talkin about juz PT...but about everything I guess that we are passionate about and committed to.

Back