price list

pr0n

as the topic states...i think it would be useful if soft had a price list for gears from diffenrent merchants. wat u guys think??

wonderful idea.....then those new to buying 2nd hand stuff and all would not get taken advantage of and be better informed. so who wld like to start?

rather then asking who would start first, i think it would be better if the merchants themselves gave a list, then mr.soft can compile them and post it under a new section. something like the hardware zone price lists.

Good Idea..But you will end up with list pricing as delarship in singapore is a monopoly..KORG-citymusic..Roland - Sweelee...like that..Dont get carried away by their price..It's nice to have discussions and ask members than looking at a price list..

James, Do you think that the local dealers shall be fair enough to give their price list ?

Anyway..dear members !

If you are buying any Pro-Audio gear, Synths, Drum Machines, Samplers..Ask Hans Zimmer..(It's me... :D ) I shall guide you through..to suit your budget...All advise FOC !!!! 8O

Hi, dont mean to be a wet blanket. But hardware zone did have legal problems in the beginning when they print price lists without the consent of the shops involved.

Maybe this point should be considered first, permission ought to be sought first on the respective store.

Also again, I must remind, that a price list can be used as a double edged sword.

What is good for the consumers may be bad for the distributors, in turn you might see products dissappearing from the shelves. Sometime too much market tranparency will be bad for the industry. Just like the computer market now, products are actually taking backward steps in reliability and quality, due to relentless price warring. I'm stating this as I have be in the computer industry since 486 machines were the rage.

Basically it boils down to consumer maturity, which in the human sense not very possible. People will always find ways to abuse the system.

Just my personal input.

Peace,
Mikemann

i don't understand. if there is already a "monopoly", why bother to have a price list in the first place? it's not as if you're going to be able to get the same product cheaper or more expensive at another shop.

anyway, as mikemann said, total transparency may not be good. i bet these music shops could easily have posted their prices on their websites, but they have not. more often than not, their websites tell u to "come down to the showroom for more info". my point is, the last thing these shops want to do is to drive potential customers away by posting their prices. whereas if they have customers comin down to personally check out the products, the sales staff still have the opportunity to try and persuade doubtful customers, or offer slightly lower prices to those who're really interested to buy but is just a little out of their budget, etc.

price lists are good if there are a large number of products moving on the market at high volume, among a large number of competitors and buyers, and where prices constantly fluctuate. such as in sim lim square. having price lists saves time, makes selling and buying more efficient. but does all this apply to music gear? i don't think so.

as for trying to nanny 2nd-hand buyers, please give yourselves more credit than that. in the internet age information is so readily available. laziness is no excuse for ignorance. be thankful u do not have to make long distance calls to company helplines to inquire selling prices of certain products in year 19XX. everything is just a simple email or google search away nowadays.

Back