pretty expensive cables

i currently have 2 cheap $8 - $10 (can't rmb exactly) TS cables,the cables are irritating in the sense that after only a few months of use the connector start to feel a bit loose and sometimes when i plug it into my audio interface i get hum and i have to like twist it a certain direction before its all quiet again,these cables i'm looking at are $31 http://www.luthermusic.com/category/instrument-cables/canare-gs63pro-a

but they have 2 year warranty and i don't think i'll buy a hell lot of cables in future and i just want 2 that lasts,is this worth it or overpriced? any user feedback much appreciated thanks ppl!

I do buy overprice cable. The only brand I buy is Belden. Their spec is one of the most accurate. They do not have really made cable. You have to really know about cable construction and select the right one. The cable distributor call LS something. They have three shops at Sim Lim Tower. The shop assistant can assist you what cable to buy for many application. I alway shop there for 83337e cable. Normally I will choose performance over sound for cable, especially you can alter the sound in other area.

Buy some cable and some 1/4" phone jacks and do the soldering yourself. I have been doing for over 20 years and i have saved lots in the process. Buy gold 1/4" phone jacks...not too expensive. For your 1/4" jacks that make lots of noise, clean them once in a while with some very fine emery paper and isopropyl alcohol. It does not help we live on a small island with high humidity. Oxidisation can occur.

Canary or belden. This one have not failed me for years.

Whats also important ( probably most important ) is the connector. Insist on Neutrik connnector. this is where your problem is.

LHS. The best. reasonably priced and you get the quality cable, connectors and work done right.

Back