practice pad !?

brainwash

hi everyone i am a new user :D just wanna ask how much does a practice pad usally cost ? and where can i find them ?

do u have any music schools or pravite teachers staying around bukit batok ?

thx ... wish to meet new friends :p

this type of real skin one dam noisy. but good if wanna practice even sounds.

buy rubber one for silent practice. less than $50 can liao. go to drums resources and check it out. there got many kinds.

haha you can get the ahead one from drmp. or maybe the remo putty pad from swee lee. or maybe even the vicfirth one. all are good.

sweelee has 6" vic firt, with a pair of sticks and a book for rudments I think. im not sure, maybe 40-55.

Yamaha will have HQ Realfeel practice pads and Promark practice pads. I use the HQ Realfeel 6" double sided pad, it's enough for practicing.

HQ RealFeel 6" sells for around $40, if i'm not wrong. Realfeel pads are double sided, one feels like a regular drumhead, the other is made of Neoprene and is supposed to build strength.

I use a RealFeel 12", bought it for around $45 after discount at Yamaha. I would say the 12" is a better buy, if you don't carry it around that often. (Cuz it's quite bulky and heavy due to its size), and yu also get a wider playing area.

Practice pads aren't that expensive and are a very good investment if you want to learn or perfect your drumming.

You can go to Yamaha music shop cost between S$20 to S$50.

When you choose a pad make sure its not too bouncy or hard as its best to practice on a pad made out of rubber. This will enable you to developp more flexible wrist and finger technics which will result in you sounding much smoother on a real kit over time.

Pads last an eternity, you might want to get a metronome also.

Rgds
Lazius
Le French drummer
Want to learn the drums for on S$10 your first lesson?
Call Today at 9223 6439

i bought the pro mark xpad for coming 90 bucks. was a mistake from my fren cuz he bought wrongly for me. after trying the xpad, the onli gd thing is the little snare sound it produce. other than tat.. nothing special.

go for something cheap and good. a rubber pad would be your choice over a plastic one.

hi guys,

may i ask where can i buy practice drum sets?

As in those rubber pads that are position just like drum sets...

if possible i just wanna buy a bass pad, snare pad and a hi-hat pad for practicing beats.

thanks!

well my opinion is tt i don't see a point in a practice drumset.

reason being is tt u pay wad? $250?
for a set tt jus feels lyk a drumset.ur jus paying to feel wad a standard set would feel lyk.
but if u jus want to practice strokes i think 1 prac pad is more then sufficient.

so ya. i would consider keeping tt money for smthing else. or u can check out e
OFFICIAL- Show us your kits thread!
there r some tt people tt jus use pillows n ermmmmmmmmmmmm
frying pans? no offends
but i think its creative actually

erm something else like?

i tried pillows, chairs and stuff before.. but i wan something closer..

hmm sorry i am new but how do i practice beats with just a practice pad? As in with foot and stuff..

what i wanan practice is left and right food and both hand coordiation with a practice set.. for some reason i just cant get an acoustic kit..

i am thinking of getting a bass drum pad, and two practice pad for hi-hat and snare. what do you guys think?

well actually i haven't really practice my leg technic anyway lol

but wad i usually do is air drum n "stomp" the floor XD
neighbours havent complain though XD

yeah those hasenfoot sold at DRMP should be good for practise purposes...

the sole purpose of A PRACTISE PAD I.E: a 6" to 12" pad made of rubber or whatever materials is used for practising your HAND TECHNIQUE.

if u wanna practise foot you would need a DOUBLE PEDAL since u want BOTH FOOTS to practise on.

so that being said, get a snare stand, a practise pad, a double pedal, and a kick pad. Easy and simple but it'll cost you.....

this is what CHRIS ADLER of LOG uses to practise on... youtube his video on the Modern Drummer 05 interviews they had.

i reckon if u got the cash, get a pad thts soft and one thts hard. and practice on both surfaces. the soft one with get ur wrist muscles into shape and tha hard one will teach u to control ur bounce

Back