Powerjam 2008

what about the rule about contestants must be singaporean or residents. do students on student pass studying here not qualify then?

Band members are liable for the equipment provided – there will be one guitar amplifier, one full drum set, 4 microphones and one keyboard provided for all auditions and semi-final. Please provide own equipment if this does not fill your requirements.

One guitar amp only?

No bass amp?

I sincerely hope this is a typo.

=SoulJah

Maybe all bassists gotta bring their own DOUBLE BASS & mike out from one of the 4 mikes? :mrgreen:

Check out the details at Power98FM

POWER JAM AUDITION 1
14TH JUNE 2008 (SATURDAY)

POWER JAM AUDITION 2
21ST JUNE 2008 (SATURDAY)

POWER JAM SEMI FINALS
28TH JUNE 2008 (SATURDAY)

POWER JAM GRAND FINALS
29TH JULY 2008(TUESDAY)

I have some video clips from the previous years. Good reference if you are taking part. Check them out at YouTube - softsingapore's Videos

Power Jam 2008

Hello softies , anyone joining this saturday powerjam ? Introduce your band and the songs you gonna play here. Let me start the ball rolling,

My band has a female vocals, a bassist , a drummer and a guitarist . will be doing out orginial call " freedom " .

NOW , your turn !! :)

To be honest,powerjam is really ultimate band competiton..but still,bands dat hv been so-called 'been named',joined..why cnt they give chance to other bands to achieve their dreams..i juz cnt undstand man..

Last edited:
To be honest,powerjam is really ultimate band competiton..but still,bands dat hv been so-called 'been named',joined..why cnt they give chance to other bands to achieve their dreams..i juz cnt undstand man..

hi fazz bro. I think you're trying to say that more established bands shouldn't join, so that newer and unknown bands have a better chance of winning?

I can see where you're coming from, but I think all bands have a right to chase their dreams. You shouldn't be disheartened just because the competition is harder- look at it as an opportunity to improve yourself!

In my personal opinion and having already finished in 3RD place twice before in powerjam - whether it's new bands or old bands - if they "got it" they can make it .... some of my early favourites from previous years including GSE, Allura etc etc have all gone on to bigger & greater things while some even "pro" bands - failed to make it past the semis.

Powerjam is definately a launch platform in itself but like anything else, bands gotta come prepared, regardess whether they are new, old semi pro etc etc ....

2 cents added to the cost of the power bill.

Last edited:
haha imo, i wouldnt mind bands who already have a good reputation joining powerjam because it would "up" the tournament standard . I mean powerjam , as it's one of the biggest and most reputable band competitions in Singapore, it should consist of really good bands competing. Anyways if you're good, you're good and thus shouldnt be intimidated no matter who joins. Good, top-notch playing competition is healthy as we can learn from one another=)

My 2 cents.

OK PPL - CHECK US OUT ON SAT AT POWERJAM AUDITIONS AT TIMBRE ON 21 JUNE 08 FROM 1PM ONWARDS.

1. JACK VS JILL
Fgl's latest project line up featuring some of the real rising upstarts in the scene including Fiona Jeremiah and fellow softie Justaphase on drums and Aquanaut on bass and of course yours truly.

RECKLESS HEARTS
Featuringthe amazing guitar techniques & vocals of our bro Tetra, killer drumwork by bro Eric the Mod Rudimental Drummer and Up & coming R & B vocalist Shawnrick.

DO POP BY TIMBRE THIS SAT AFTERNOON AND SUPPORT US ALL!

Thanks Bro fgl for the kind words. But I’m really no killer-drummer at all (just trying to keep time for my Band Members here)……..I’m only a Killer-Drummer to all my neighbours and this is proven, because tonight at 7pm – Those HDB Officers had make an appointment with me at my place on a discussion on (Me Drumming Too Loudly Nowadays)….Hahahaha!...and this is killing the entire neighbourhood around me.

Anyway back to the Topic.

I see this PowerJam 2008 Audition at Timbre as a very good thing for any Bands/Musician to gain A Valuable Experience (for the Newer Bands/Members) here. Most importantly for us all having a passion in music to get together and have FUN.

It’s is truly not about Winning or Losing here (of course it will be nice if we get in), but more so on Having Fun, Enjoying The Passion Altogether and Making Friends there.

PowerJam 2008 had undoubtly bring the members of our Band together, fostering better teamwork among our Band Members as we went through altogether preparing our Originals and we had great fun.

It is Positive in many ways, depending on ones approach towards it.

PS: - Whichever Bands goes in, you have our utmost support and we’ll be there all the way to support this event.

Cheers

Eric

Last edited:
Hey, just wondering, for the semi-finals and finals, can people just walk in or will Timbre sell tickets or what?

Wah bro fgl exaggerate a bit too much. Hehehe!! No lah...my guitar technique just normal. Typical guitarist you see around. But do catch us at Timbre this Sat!! Well, bro fgl...thanks for highlighting!

Saluti!
Tetragrammaton

Back