POP songs on keyboard

dylan2510

Hi. I just bought a keyboard a few months ago. I didn't have musical background so i pick up alot of stuff on my own. had manage to learn to play a not so difficult short classical piece. Now learning to play fa xian ai by jj and jin sha. Not very diffcult by not easy too. But picking up a little slow. Is it normal ?
How long usually do u all take to leanr a pop piece.

seriously it really depends on how much time u spent on practicing n how much u like the song...n also wether ur learning the song by ear or by score, of course if ur learning it by score it definitely takes shorter time cuz its all on the paper n u just follow, if its by ear it takes longer time due to finding the correect chords n stuff,personally i prefer to do it by ear cuz it gives more freedom for improvising :)

Hello dylan~ I'm a pop keyboardist/pianist myself..and playing pop requires u to read alot of scores to find out several common chord progressions and learning how to improvise..:D

I'm providing lessons anw..so u may contact me if u're interested :D Yup u can see my profile in the teachers available section. :D if not..i'll be glad to answer any questions about pop piano if u pm me :D cheers~

Give yourself some time, like 1 or 2 years.

And keep challenging yourself and try more difficult scores. You will get better, but only time will tell.

Don't get impatient over it. When you go youtube and see those piano videos, especially those vey good ones, you realise they have been playing many years some over 10.

Unless you decided to be like me who spends at least 1 hr every day and not less than 10 hrs on a piano a wk, practising all kinds of routines, genres, songs and pieces.

And I can say classical music is not about playing what is on the score. It never was.

Back