PocketPod or Amp?

the amp will effectively manifest your guitar's inherent voicing & gives an allowance to connect pedals as well.

Depends on your funds. If you could ONLY buy one, go with the amp. You can go straight into the amp for an amplified sound, but if you want an amplified sound with the pocketpod, you gotta get a lineout into an amp or speakers.
Which makes the pocketpod a liability, unless you must have effects and do not care for amplified sounds. However, there are amps with built in effects like the NuX Mighty series or the Marshall MGFX Series.

If u r on a tight budget go second hand :D and maybe u can have both.

If u are planning to get a pocketpod maybe try to look for an amp with a very good clean channel such as vox pathfinder, prob can get for ard 100 for secondhand den use your pocketpod to give you your distortions and effects. Have fun :D

Haha, already have a line6 vi spider 30w amp.

Its has 12 different channel (green and red)

---------

Hmm, maybe i will get a pocketpod after i get a vox da5 :D

Last edited:
Hi,

I just bought a Zoom G1N and I have been using it for practice just through headphones and I must say that it is working really fine and it is cheaper, has more functions(tuner, drum rhythms are the best killer functions) and you can actually step on it, unlike the Pocket Pod. It actually sounds not bad with lower output pickups IMO, so maybe you might wanna take a look at the G1N too. :) My place has currently no space for an amp even though I really wanna get a small tube head+cab like the AC4TVH, so headphones and desktop speakers + G1N for me right now.

Hmmmm if you've already got a Spider IV i see no need for a PocketPod, they are similar in terms of effects on offer (i think). It might serve you well to get another amp in this case, perhaps one with 12' speaker cones?

Hmmmm if you've already got a Spider IV i see no need for a PocketPod, they are similar in terms of effects on offer (i think). It might serve you well to get another amp in this case, perhaps one with 12' speaker cones?

Yeah, but im very weak.

Spider IV is really heavy for me.

:D

Are you planning to carry your amp around often, like say for jams or gigs? Either way it'll be better to invest in an amp with a 12' cone, especially for the bigger venues.

Are you planning to carry your amp around often, like say for jams or gigs? Either way it'll be better to invest in an amp with a 12' cone, especially for the bigger venues.

haha, i cant jam or gig.
Im just not born with talent of those. With no fear.

Well then if you're gonna simply use it at home then i think it's more than good enough. And don't say that man, i'm sure with practice you'll become better. Jamming's really fun.

PocketPod's no use with a lousy amp. I've done tt before, getting pocketpod and using it with a 10watt amp that came with my pkg...totally sucked. That was the mistake I made...learn from it. :)

PocketPod's no use with a lousy amp. I've done tt before, getting pocketpod and using it with a 10watt amp that came with my pkg...totally sucked. That was the mistake I made...learn from it. :)

oh okay, thanks for sharing with us.
But Vox Da5 is it counted as a lousy amp?

The review are pretty awesome.

oh okay, thanks for sharing with us.
But Vox Da5 is it counted as a lousy amp?

The review are pretty awesome.

Er...cant keep you for the long run...ur vox da5 is 5 watts(variable) rite? Cant see much things in it unless its a tube amp(which i'm not sure about, vox da5 is a solid state?). Anyway, reviews are seldom negative, why would the company and web pages want to drive their customers away and even if it's in the forum, who would dare to say tt a amp(pls dun misunderstand..nt talking bout ur amp:)) totally suck? They would get condemn by the members of the forum if they said that. They would probably criticise it politely like saying that its clean is of average quality or it is a acceptable amp. Its like a school saying 90 percent of their students gets into university. But have you ever thought about it? 10 percent of the students can't get into a university. They dun show the neg results out. Hope this helps...gd luck:)

kyokkai, so what are you trying to say?

Lols...that reviews SELDOM show the neg side of the products(so you'll have to test out products and compare with other brands, tts how you will realise how much better other amps are)...and like wad loldude said, the vox da5 is worth the price but it won't keep you for the long run and...so the TS needs a new amp rather than a pocketpod. :)

Look at this http://www.zzounds.com/item--VOXDA5. the overall review(the 10 out of 10 one) for it is: Doubt I'll shop around for another portable practice amp - this is definately worth the money. They said it's worth the money but did not say it was good/high quality or and other good things bout the amp. Worth it was the overall good thing bout the amp. A higher wattage amp or tube amp would definitely do you much better than a 5 watt portable amp.

Last edited:
Back