PLEASE READ this before posting an ad

tacocat

i hope any mods would kindly sticky this as people still do not wish to follow the rules

if you are serious about posting an ad for your guitar , PLEASE INCLUDE

-detailed specifications
-photos
-contact details

-price

doesn't it make much more sense to upload pictures here rather than send them individually to anyone that requests it? in most cases the buyers would just shrug it off, wasting the time of both parties involved.

please don't be a lazy arse! post your guitar model , brand , specs and other required information ( mods, damage)
it only takes at most 5 minutes to gather up some info on your guitar on google , why post something with no information on it? you are just wasting ad space.

also please STATE YOUR PRICE , it is the sellers duty to place an offer when selling his gear , and it the buyer's obligation to respect it.

ALSO , REPOST AFTER FIVE DAYS. don't waste ad space by constantly reposting every other day , it's inconsiderate and pushes the other ads back.

you are are serious in wanting to sell your equipment, you would have the common sense to follow this guide

thank you

Just saw a guitar ad today that states Jackson Dinky for sale, good for hard rock. No info on wood, neck joint type, fretboard and neck wood etc. Only H-H, fixed bridge, black. There are so many different models of Dinkys, who would know which one he's selling? But yeah. People who don't bother posting info/specs might as well not post at all.

I hate it also when sellers ask buyer to quote price than when quoted by buyer, than he say you trying to low ball him. If sellers do not wish for this kind of situation, at least state in your post your base price.

If NO money, DON'T buy.

Theres a place on the net
called GOOGLE. Can find most
info there. Dont be a lazy ARSE.
Want something, earn it.

GOOGLE for price and specs.
Roughly will know the conditions
when the seller say, GOOD, MINT
PRISTINE or wats so ever condition.
Not happy? Meet the seller and view
the item. Again, IF you are serious
about buying it! Dont waste someone's
precious time...

If someone NEW in here and dont
know a sh*t about the system, can
you guys pls say nicely? We are
humans, not robots. Humans make
mistakes.

Thank You for understanding! =>

If NO money, DON'T buy.

Theres a place on the net
info there. Dont be a lazy ARSE.
Want something, earn it.

GOOGLE for price and specs.
Roughly will know the conditions
when the seller say, GOOD, MINT
PRISTINE or wats so ever condition.
Not happy? Meet the seller and view
the item. Again, IF you are serious
about buying it! Dont waste someone's
precious time...

If someone NEW in here and dont
know a sh*t about the system, can
you guys pls say nicely? We are
humans, not robots. Humans make
mistakes.

Thank You for understanding! =>

If NO money, DON'T buy. Well thats common sense but try telling that to a customer. No matter how rich he is, how badly he wanted the product, with this kind of attitude, he will be put off and would not wanna have any deals with the seller.

There's a place on the net
info there. Don't be a lazy ARSE.
Want to sell something, post the info instead of making people find it themselves, especially when the things you're selling are very "indie". And be courteous. Buyers = customers, and you should always treat your customers well. And buyers, you too have to return the good attitude to the seller of course.

Google for price? Right, like we know what kind of price you are looking at. If same price as those on Google we might as well buy brand new. If you are serious about selling it you would try to provide as much info as possible so people know what to expect and there won't be any disputes after dealing. Not everyone is so free to meet up, whether its buyer or seller. Sometimes buyer free, seller not free or vice versa.

If you're new here, of course we won't blame you if you don't know the system even though its right at the top of the page. However, providing info of what you are selling is not something that the system requires you to do, its common sense.

Not trying to start an argument but you need to look at both sides of the story.

Allow me to chip in with my views about buy and sell of gears..

I was active many many years ago in the old Luthermusic classifieds where a huge volume of gear was advertised and traded on a daily basis. I don't know how many of you guys remember it but it was a heaven for buyers and sellers as both parties got what they want and they were happy with it. Lots of nice cool gear popped up and there were ready buyers. It was exciting for buyers and sellers alike to log to surf Luthermusic classifieds back then. Unfortunately, afterwards the classifieds there isn't active and vibrant anymore due to change in format. I heard that it was caused by flaming where people made comments about other people's adverts.

Anyway, recently I stumbled upon this Soft classifieds and decided to sell my guitar, a Fender Standard Strat, for $450. The response was overwhelming and I was swamped with lots of questions from buyers such as

What is the reason for sale?
Why so cheap? Surely got problem.
Can cheaper?
$300 I take
Why no picture?
After sending picture to someone, he said not enough pictures need more pictures. Request complied again then he went MIA.
Woodlands too far for me, deal for $400 at Bedok?
How many frets does it have?

And I'm having a culture shock. I never encountered such things before in the old Luthermusic classifieds. Is it an issue with this website's members or a paradigm shift in the attitude of people? Most of the old Luthermusic classifieds guys were very to the point buyers. They see an advertisement and fancy the gear, they contact the seller to arrange a meeting to test or view, like it then buy on the spot, don't like it no problem can walk away. They don't waste time at all or ask strange questions, or disrespect your price. BTW there were no pictures with the old advertisements at all and buyers didn't even request for pictures. So the fixation with pictures now is odd given the wide scope of Google nowadays and the fact that pictures can't compare to viewing the guitar in your hands. In the old Luthermusic classifieds days I've had a buyer come from JB to meet me, now I've got someone tell me to meet him in Bedok because he finds Woodlands too far for him. Strange that Woodlands is far from him in Bedok but he doesn't find Bedok far from me in Woodlands. And he gave himself a $50 discount while telling me to do that, wow!

I think there should be guidelines in place to educate buyers not to take sellers for granted with various odd requests and questions that we all know goes nowhere. From my initial experience here, I already have a strong feeling that buyers these days are very demanding and unreasonable.

I'll also like to add that a lesson from the old Luthermusic classifieds is that comments on other people's adverts can cause things to go downhill.

Perhaps the other old birds who surfed Luthermusic classifieds back in its heyday and are also in Soft right now can chip in with their insights and experience too.

Last edited:
Agree wholeheartedly with BeFair. you seriously interested in that item you go down check it out and nego. Common excuses like no time, (then dont waste my time either), can u bring the item to my place (travellin salesman??), your plc too far, etc. All info given to the best of one's knowledge (your item seems shady - never even havin take a look). Not everyone knows how to upload pics esp the old geeks (am one of them) and not everyone owns a digital camera and not everyone is so knowledgeable about the items they are selling. (Some engineers dont even know how to change strings on their guitar - dont believe?? you be surprised). Likewise if you are really interested then as a buyer you should google. And as fellow softies we are here to help one another. If you are more knowledgeable then share. Why make life so difficult and stressful. Bring back the good old days. Simple short and sharp!! My 2 sens.

Agree that not everyone can post pictures, but if there's no pictures at least give additional info. There're some out there who don't put model, don't put colour, don't put picture, just state only brand (some worse don't even state brand). Those are the ones we're talking about I believe. Just giving a BRAND is not enough. Eg if you selling a Taylor guitar, price can range from $700 to $2k++, right?

Agreed man it is freaking irritating when u get threads lile wts fender strat or worse still wts "lespaul", it's so dam vague that at times if im a buyer i get so turned off by how little effort there is that anyone simplt wouldnt even bother to to text or pm for further enquiries and of course woth such threads anyone would srsly doubt the authencity pf the seller's intention.
Oh yes, why cant sellers just understand the importance of pictures of guitars? For eg serial no. And actual cosmetic conditions? Is it that hard? And to the above post that was trying to justify how it's the buyers responsoblity to google up the info with the various reasons, i would like to say that you dont see shops using those reasons to their customrs do you? I mean it's only logical or ethocal for someone to provide sufficient infomatoin of the product their trying to sell, unless there's something that is intended to be hidden from the buyer?

If im wrong about this then i guess i've been living in denial for the past few years whenever i purchase some gears from fellow softies...:O

=BeFair

seems to me the old way is kinda flawed, this is all my opinion , i created this guideline constructed around the factor of creating less hindrance and trouble for the sake of both parties ( that includes going to the seller's place to see and test out the guitar ). because some people really do not have the time and money to drive halfway around singapore just to take a look at the guitar, its unethical.

and i would like to highlight the point of you being overwhelmed by useless and irrelevant messages. theres a higher chance of avoiding such replies if you have a clear and detailed advert for your equipment, am i not right?

times have changed , and the people have changed, i have encountered my fair share of bad experiences with softies, and this guide will help ensure that only serious buyers would contact the seller , only if , the seller is serious about selling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes true. But still, you guys can just
ask the seller extra things that you
wanna know. Its no harm asking right?
Btw, Google for price if you wanna nego
abit. Be wise in negotiating the price.
Google for specs: At least you know few
% about the item first.
Condition: Ask the seller again thru sms
or other contacts given.
If you want that particular thing, you wud
oredi know few % bout it right? The rest
you just ask the seller or Google it. Pls
dont just cannon the seller. Give some
respect. You wont know if the seller is
10-20years older den you!? Wat if i cannon
your father like that? You happy? Pls guys
be more respectful. So what if he repost
to much within short time? Its his prob!
Not yours! He will be banned for 5 days.
Not you! Stop acting like an 'E-Gangster'.
Singaporeans like this lah. Cannon people
ok, kena cannon back not happy. Why not
just say:
'bro, repost only after 5 days.
Thank you. =>'
Short and simple. Easy right? Ok.
Bye.

Yes you're absolutely right there's no harm asking but not all sellers reply with pleasant attitude. Many would just ignore your message if they already have potential buyers. Some will just keep asking "So do you want it or not?" in a rude manner. Thats why I said both seller and buyer also have to be courteous about it right? Its a two-way thing, being a buyer or a seller does not give you rights over the other. Seller cannot be blamed for everything, and buyer cannot be blamed for everything too. But rules are rules, and being dishonest about identity and reason for selling is just wrong. If trying to reinforce the forum rules make me an "E-gangster", what does it make those people who give bad attitude? And what does being Singaporean have to do with anything?

FYI, the dude who spam reposts, already have had a few fellow softies who told him POLITELY to stop already. But he did not. You said some people are new to this forum and don't know how it works, softies told them nicely, he know already, still keep posting. Banned already still create new account, when questioned still can lie. Who's fault now? And thats not what this thread is about. Stick to the topic.

And I mentioned in a previous posts that what I'm saying is only for those who don't even give enough info for you to Google. Without knowing the guitar model, how to Google? Eg Guy A says "WTS Taylor acoustic". There are so many Taylor acoustics out there with prices varying from $800 to $3k. Didn't even mention the size like Baby, Big Baby etc. These are the kind of advertisements I'm aiming at here. I'm not trying to start an argument or anything so don't give attitude and giving names like E-Gangster. Thanks.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I will look into making a template so that the important details will be included when an user create an ad. Might also make it such that an user must meet certain criteria before he is able to post ad.

Let others be the E-Gangster. But not
urself dude... If the seller attitude is F
up, ignore. Simple. Im irritated myself
sumtimes. For eg:
'WTS Ibanez RG series'
pfft! *Im looking for RG370DX*, so, i'll
text him and ask,
'bro, can i know the
exact model of the guitar?'
eg 2:
WTS Ibanez RG370DX *mint*
No dings or scratches. Letting
go at $600(neg) dont lowball.

-Now it depends on your budget.
Time to Google local prices.
Swee Lee $909
SV $650
bla bla bla...
Roughly you'll know where its
made in, indo or korea.
Still unsure? Ask the seller.
No contact or email? PM him.
eg 3:
you ask the seller:
'bro, your guitar made in which
country?'
seller reply:
'of cuz Korea lah! If Indon
made i will sell cheaper wat!'
-NOW den you can start to
flare up. Lol

About multiple posts, you should
understand them first. Humans do
anything when despo. Even robbing
someone to get money. Its life dude.
Warn him once enough right? If he
post again, he will be banned. Den
serve him right. You can smile or
ROFL all you want at him. Dont take
action to your own hand. This is an
open forum. Anyone can post. Why
you so angry for? Chill out. Go smoke
out. I dont feel irritated when someone
repost and repost. Thats his prob man.
If your post is goin back because of his
posts, den why not you get angry at the
others that post after you and make your
post go to 2nd page?? Chill dude... Youre
not paying a single cent for posting ads
here. Flare up for what? Rock on man.
Dont cry ok. Gudnight. =>

Good point you have there. Well I don't really care if my post is pushed back cos I can always post again AFTER 5 days. As I said, I was trying to reinforce the forum rules. Okay since James already have a solution we'll just stop here. Cheers.

Btw, thats a good idea! Its like
Ultimate-guitar forums.

Model:
Make:
Color:
Year:
Condition:
Additional info or specs:
Selling Price:
Reason for selling:
Dealing place:
Name & Contact info:

Btw An Kerreng, regarding the Tonelab ST you're looking for, I can get a 20% at citymusic which will make it about $202 thereabouts. PM me if interested.

Back