Places where we can mod our basses?

Slash04

Yeah i was just wondering where in Singapore do they have shops that'll mod your basses for you. New paintwork, new pickup installation, set-up. Those kinda things. And i'd likt to know the rates for it, please. Thanks!

guitar connection at peninsular and guitar workshop at bras basah complex both do paintjobs and pickup changes etc. g77 does pickup changes and wiring and i find service there to be the friendliest out of the bunch.

pickup changes are about 10-15 if i remember correctly, if you want it all to be cheaper, just get all the pots and pickups and one shot let them install it.
paintjobs i think it was 400 at gc. i find their prices a very steep but that's just me. eg. fretless job is $200 there, in malaysia tham does it for around rm150 if i remember correctly.

around how much would it be if i needed new pickups and installation and wiring possibly? my old babe, which i have been neglecting needs a makeover...

price of new pickups plus 15-30 bucks i guess.
i think good to great pickups run around 90-200 depending on which brands you wanna get.

well, u can always ask gr3y here to do the paintjob

he charges 200 i think

pm him :D

woah, slash getting what? zheng my bass :D

Hi, do they straighten the fretboard for u? Coz my alignment is a bit off and i'm wondering where can i get it fixed ... Another thing, what are the rates for this?

wolffie said:
Hi, do they straighten the fretboard for u? Coz my alignment is a bit off and i'm wondering where can i get it fixed ... Another thing, what are the rates for this?

straightening of fretboards depends on alot of factors... if your trust rod is already turned full den you'll need a more complex neck straightening process,which of coz cost u more and of coz i wun reveal e secrets for me to earn some $.. haha.. if its juz a slight minor problem den its easy to fix and definately cost you lesser..

paintjobs? yes i do paintjobs but you must bear in mind the amount of time your guitar will be with me as paint job isnt pasting of stickers.. just bear in mind that part.. $200 is the basic 1 colour repaint dude.. depends on how complex ur paint job is and i'll charge accordingly.. guitar connection charges $400 is because i believe they uses good paints for your axe.

Back