Piano Teacher Available (East) @Reasonable rates

S.Wenyu

Hello everyone,

I'm a 19 year old female teacher looking for students who are interested in learning classical piano by grades or beginners who simply want to pick up a new instrument to play their favourite pop songs. Comfortable teaching students from age 5 and above, even working adults and beyond. My music experience is broad as not only have I been playing the piano for almost 14 years, I am also a member of a symphonic band and use experience gained to build on current musical knowledge.

In my lessons, I focus on (but not limited to):
- Improving the technical aspects of my students playing, such as fingerings and exercises that can help attain the necessary dexterity in good piano playing.
- Fundamental music theory that can help students understand the music that they are playing as well as allow them to improvise and create music of their own.
- Expression of the music through understanding the context in which the music is written in.
- Cultivating a good ear, allowing them to better appreciate music and understand what is good music and not. This will allow the students to extend their appreciation for music beyond the piano and allow them to grow to be more musically aware.

There are many other aspects to music that will be learnt along the way but the above mentioned few are the ones that I personally feel is more important.

Experience:
  • Have been working as a relief piano teacher at Lowrey Music School for more than 3 years, teaching students from as young as 5 to working adults (reason for not being a full time teacher is that I had to juggle my studies in JC at the same time too)
  • Teaching privately at home for about a year.
  • Very comfortable with young children as I have taught in a kindergarten before

• Obtained a Diploma in Pianoforte Performance from London College of Music
  • Obtained a Grade 8 certification in Music Theory from ABRSM
  • Performed both as a pianist and a saxophonist in various school performances and competitions
  • Student Conductor of NJC's Symphonic Band (2013-2014)
  • Conducted NJC's Symphonic Band at Hong Kong Disneyland's 5th Winter Band Festival
  • Guest playing for NUSWS.

Fees for beginners starting from $120 for 4 lessons, 45 mins per lesson.
I live in the east near Eunos. It would be good if you can make the trip down to my home or

I can teach on weekends or weekday nights.

Contact me, Ms See at 9666 5769 for more information on the rates or when you can start.

Back