Photo size limit

EugeneSmasher

I don't know if it is affecting other users here too, but photos that are huge take a long time to load and causes my browser to lag. Is it possible to have either automatic resize or simply a size limit for photos?

By the way, I'm not complaining and doing nothing. If your photos are huge (i.e. taken with a modern digital camera) then I recommend using Photoscape software. It is a free photo editing software, and I've had no problems with it so far. It even has batch editor so you can re-size a whole bunch of photos at the same time.

So yeah, you could try Photoscape if you haven't already, just sharing a software I particularly like and find efficient. Cheers!

Actually, the issue is that there is already automatic resize, but that only works when viewing the thread. When I want to post a reply, the photos aren't resized and thus the page lags a lot and doesn't load properly...

Eugene, I've been using just "Paint" to resize my photos. Otherwise I'd just do a auto-resize in Photobucket, before uploading elsewhere.

My photobucket resizing function doesn't work though, so I got to use offline software like Photoscape to resize before uploading.

Haven't tried using Paint, though. It's under 'Attributes' in the Image menu right?

Back